Forums

We need more amateurs to post their annotated games.

Sort:
zman1234

Here's a real-life game I had against a 1900 player. I had a winning move that i missed (I was too checkmate crazy!)

Ben_Dubuque

Here is one of my losses, (gasp how could an 1100 lose )

Thaddeus_Samson

jetfighter13:

24... Nxf8 25. Qh7+ Nxh7 26. Rxd8+ Nf8

GIex

zman1234:
If 14. c4?, then 14... a6 15. Bxc6 Rxc6 then 16... Rfc8 or 16... Be6 depending on white's 16th move. Black will end up a pawn ahead in both cases. I think 13. bxc3 was not correct. Instead White could have played 13. Qxc3 to keep a better queenside pawn structure and not lose material.

coase

A couple of 960 games. It's a rushed job, admittedly. Rather informal but my real thoughts are there.

sastrundle
panafricain wrote:

A bullet game I played against a stronger opponent. The game is worth for the final combination

....8nxge 9 g3xh4 bxg4 king now wide open 

Thaddeus_Samson

coase:

34... Rh2+ 35. Kf3 R8h3+ 36. Kxf4 Rxd3

GIex
coase wrote:

A couple of 960 games. It's a rushed job, admittedly. Rather informal but my real thoughts are there.

Nice games! Especially the first one Laughing

It would have been good if there was live 960 chess too. Besides being fun, it's very good for practicing endgames.

Thomas_Vandeputte

Frederik zijn ma is lekker!

DeathScepter

I personally would be more inspired to post games with annotation if I had more of a response to them. I had posted a few games with notes on interesting ideas that I thought would be helpful to others, but there was not much reaction to them. I'm not sure if I'm boring people, or if people would just rather spend their time in forums complaining about how their stupid opponents resign too late. I am considering putting my 100 game journey into a blog with annotated games and lessons. I've been hit by a new wave of chess fever, so I'll try and have some stuff online in the next month and see if I can get a following.

adude23

@Thomas_Vandeputte Ng5!! should be Ng5??, since if your opponent had taken the knight with their queen, you'd be dead. The spectacular move in that position is: Nxe5!! which wins a pawn, and if your opponent takes the queen, then you go Bxf7 and then Nd5#.

GIex

TheMouse: very nice game Laughing Especially the endgame. I think 17.Bb4 is very good too. Congratulations for giving so many variations!

ScienceSquares

@AaronSolt: I have posted in my blog on this site a bunch of OTB games I have played this year. They are all annotated, but most without the aid of a computer. They are mostly against 1700 level opposition.

Feel free to check them out! http://blog.chess.com/DevinCamenares

I'd repost some of them here (especially LICC May Open 4th round, I really liked that win) but it's easier to just put them in the blog.

I'd appreciate any comments.

ScienceSquares

I should mention that all those OTB games in the blog are G90; so it's a bit different than the blitz and bullet games posted here.

Thomas_Vandeputte
adude23 wrote:

@Thomas_Vandeputte Ng5!! should be Ng5??, since if your opponent had taken the knight with their queen, you'd be dead. The spectacular move in that position is: Nxe5!! which wins a pawn, and if your opponent takes the queen, then you go Bxf7 and then Nd5#.

Yes indeed. The materialistic move Bxd1 would have been punished right away. But if he didn't fall for it, I was dead as well. Nxe5 can be met by bxc4. After Qxg4 and dxe5 black is a piece up. I know it actually was a blunder, but I expected him to take because of his lower rating and went for an exiting game.

Thomas_Vandeputte
TheMouse wrote:
Thomas_Vandeputte wrote:
adude23 wrote:

Yes indeed. The materialistic move Bxd1 would have been punished right away. But if he didn't fall for it, I was dead as well. Nxe5 can be met by bxc4. After Qxg4 and dxe5 black is a piece up. I know it actually was a blunder, but I expected him to take because of his lower rating and went for an exiting game.

Why not Nxg4 instead of Qxg4?

Good analysis, I overlooked that option.

Ben_Dubuque

here is a recent win, where the only way for white to prevent mate is to sac his queen and even that only delays it

pauix
jetfighter13 wrote:

here is a recent win, where the only way for white to prevent mate is to sac his queen and even that only delays it

Apart from your crazy attempt to open the game with d5?!, the game is OK. Nice checkmate in the sideline, I love underpromotions!

Ben_Dubuque
pauix wrote:
jetfighter13 wrote:

Apart from your crazy attempt to open the game with d5?!, the game is OK. Nice checkmate in the sideline, I love underpromotions!

I only underpromote if these conditions are met

1. if it is a checkmate if i pomote to queen then i select the apropriate non queen or if promoting to knight wins

2 to check the king when promotion to queen wont

3 to prevent stalemate

67jedichessmaster