Forums

We need more amateurs to post their annotated games.

Sort:
Ben_Dubuque

here is one of my recent ones, I decided to give the KG a spin

zman1234
jetfighter13 wrote:

here is one of my recent ones, I decided to give the KG a spin

You played pretty well there. (Your opponent played pretty badly, though) Your one mistake was a minor one. 

coase

Another 960 game. Includes an amazing bishop sacrifice that will be sure delight and astound children and adults alike.

Musikamole

I usually play 1.e4 2.Nf3 3.Bc4, the Italian. In the past few days, as an experiment, I've been playing 1.e4 2.d3. Hardly ambitious or agressive. However, I do like playing with different pawn structures now and then, and this one is quite different, for me. It can lead to a Kings Indian Attack structure, but doesn't always need to go that way.

Thaddeus_Samson

Musikamole:

24. Qe7#

26. Rfe1+ Kd6 27. Qxc2 Qc5 28. Rad1+

29. Rd1 a6 30. f7 Kc4 31. f8=Q a5 32. Qc6#

MaverickM

This is yet another game with higher rated player. I got confused of how to play the last few moves and eventually lost by time. Any comments and criticisms will be most valuable for me.

NefariousB

AaronSolt wrote:

NefariousB,

3 Nc3 is developing but not threatening. I usually avoid openings like that, as they seem drawish.

The flank pawn moves are not necessary, unless you plan to make an attack that depends on your knight being able to move. Otherwise just develop faster than your opponent. There are other ways to attack once you are developed, and the flank pawn moves may actually weaken a position rather than strengthen it. Note: the g6 square is weakened. If Black castles king side, the f pawn is pinned. Now anything can land on g6 because the h pawn has moved.

6. d4 is more interesting. Now Black can play Nd4.
7. Correct, guarding c5. But notice how your pawn moved twice. 
10. I would have castled first. Leaving the g2 pawn unguarded looks risky. Black could sacrifice a knight to open your castle, but could do little more, and you'd win with the extra material.
11. I would have played Nd5, sending the queen home.
12. I don't see any real attacks here. It is annoying the Black will trade a back rank bishop for a developed knight, and you will need a move to recapture, but at least you will have the bishop pair. Castling is a conservative move. f4 is playable with d6 blocking in Blacks darks square bishop. You will want to open lines to attack the uncastled king.

Good advice, thank you! A couple further questions:

Could you explain what you mean about the flank pawns being used to allow your knight to move?

But as for my thought on a3, I played it because I was concerned with b5 pushing the bishop back, and then ...Ka5. Do people not play this commonly? I really like the pressure of the light squared bishop on that diagonal, and even with the semi open file for the rook it seems like a bad trade to me. I guess if I had played 3. Bc4 in the first place I would have had adequate time to make this move if necessary.

The idea of using g6 as an outpost is good, I will definitely use that in the future since a lot of my opponents have a habit of playing h6 early

pauix

This is a game where I converted a positional advantadge into a strong attack:

And this one is simply showing off.Tongue out My opponent fell into the Lasker Trap:

Flangribaz

Just played this game about half an hour ago in OTB tournament.

ScienceSquares

@Flangribaz; Interesting game. I agree with your friend; I don't see how the ..e5 break you were playing for would have done much else than liquidate the center.

Isn't 27.exd4 better for White than 27.Qxd5 ? 

Your time trouble 41...Ba5 is unfortunate; that was a tense endgame and looked, at quick glance, playable for Black.

Flangribaz

I think you're right.  27. Qxd5 seems to just give me another pawn.  Maybe Rcd8 though with the idea of Re2 next move is better for black though if 27. exd4. 

Kittysafe

Game I won recently...

1. e4 e6 2. Nc3 d5 3. d3 Ke7 4. Nf3 Nf6
5. Bg5 dxe4 6. Nxe4 Nc6 7. d4 Nxd4 8. Nxd4 Qxd4
9. Qxd4 Bd7 10. Rd1 h5 11. Qxd7# 1-0

Thomas_Vandeputte
Kittysafe wrote:

Game I won recently...

1. e4 e6 2. Nc3 d5 3. d3 Ke7 4. Nf3 Nf6
5. Bg5 dxe4 6. Nxe4 Nc6 7. d4 Nxd4 8. Nxd4 Qxd4
9. Qxd4 Bd7 10. Rd1 h5 11. Qxd7# 1-0

lol Ke7 xd

MaverickM

Adventures in Traxler Counter Gambit:

I lost the 1st game as I didn't have any experince in implementing TCG. I've just watched some video explaining TCG.

The next game was against a higher rated opponent where I played TCG fairly well. Though I could not find a checkmate move due to time constraint, still I enjoyed grabbing most of the material of my opponent. Eventually I lost by time :(

pauix
MaverickM wrote:

Adventures in Traxler Counter Gambit:

I lost the 1st game as I didn't have any experince in implementing TCG. I've just watched some video explaining TCG.

The next game was against a higher rated opponent where I played TCG fairly well. Though I could not find a checkmate move due to time constraint, still I enjoyed grabbing most of the material of my opponent. Eventually I lost by time :(

Very nice games, man! But white did not play correctly some moves:

• 5.Nxf7?! is not bad, but Bxf7+ is considered better. 

P.D: Was the game "where Black sacrified a lot of materyal" you're refering to this one, played by Traxler himself? http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1224609

P.D.2: If you want to take a look at the Bxf7+ Traxler, you can check these two games by GM Beliavsky, where he drew against Karpov and won Anand with the Traxler:

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1018213

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1068378

MaverickM

Thanks a lot pauix for your comment. The first game you mentioned is a real classic, but let me admit I cannot play like Traxler with queen down :). I think I saw another one too where black does not sacrifice his queen, yet able to win the game.

Definitely Bxf7 is better, but then too black has got many options too. I am posting one more game I played just 5 mins ago where bishop took on f7, but I was still able to hold on as black and win the game.

I'll definitely have a look at other two games as I am more interested playing against in Bxf7 variation.

Ben_Dubuque

here

Ben_Dubuque

I played Black btw

Flangribaz

Here's a game I played last night, game 90, unrated, OTB.

If Kg1 rather than Kh1, any suggestions anyone?  We didn't analyze that at all last night, and I'm done analyzing for now.
Ben_Dubuque

here is another i just won i feel this was a good game, i dont know how to analyse some of these moves