Forums

Books and Apps for an 1100

Sort:
IMKeto
[COMMENT DELETED]
RoobieRoo
FishEyedFools wrote:
[COMMENT DELETED]

sure we are all free moral agents with recourse to the natural faculty of conscience.  That's what makes chess exciting, you have your philosophy and I have mine.  But to cite a single game as evidence is pushing it to the line, no, its pole vaulting the line.  Show me a single game of the grinder where knowledge of king and pawn would have helped him win or save a game.  I dare you!

RoobieRoo

No need to retract what you said Fishy, its fine, we just having some little fun.

IMKeto

“Concern yourself not with what is right and what is wrong but with what is important.”

~Unknown

RoobieRoo

What nihilism is this?

RoobieRoo

I publicly challenge all the endgame aficionados to cite a single game of our friend the grinder that would have been won or saved by endgame knowledge.

RoobieRoo

Where is Fishy, Spongeybob, jambylamby, Frump?  All hiding behind a copy of Silmans endgame book. Warriors come out to play!

kindaspongey

"I publicly challenge all the endgame aficionados to cite a single game of our friend the grinder that would have been won or saved by endgame knowledge." - robbie_1969

Is something necessarily a good idea only if it is game-saving? What if the something is part of a plan for game improvement?

RoobieRoo

the op asked for help, you whackos advocated Endgame study, logically you should be able to produce a single game where this course of action that you have advocated would have saved or won the game.

kindaspongey
[COMMENT DELETED]
RoobieRoo

Are you mamas boys too wussy to take the challenge?

kindaspongey

"the op asked for help, you whackos advocated Endgame study, ..." - robbie_1969

Not sure what "wackos", you think you are referring to, but, as you can see, some players have suggested endgame study as part of an improvement plan.

RoobieRoo

Still waiting for you to cite a single game that could be saved by endgame knowledge, when you have it let me know, I'll be around.

kindaspongey
robbie_1969 wrote:

Still waiting for you to cite a single game that could be saved by endgame knowledge, ...

Is something necessarily a good idea only if it is game-saving? What if the something is part of a plan for game improvement?

RoobieRoo

you should be able to make a direct link between the course of action you advocate and an actual game in which this advise is applicable, otherwise, its quackery!  Next you will be advocating the use of crystals for healing!

kindaspongey
"Still waiting for you to cite a single game that could be saved by endgame knowledge, when you have it let me know, I'll be around." - robbie_1969
robbie_1969 wrote:

you should be able to make a direct link between the course of action you advocate and an actual game in which this advise is applicable, otherwise, its quackery! ...

Who advocated a "course of action" that was only endgame study? Not me, anyway.

RoobieRoo

No one has claimed that you did advocate an exclusive endgame course of study.  Anyway, i need help.  Here is a game I played a minute ago, its a disgusting game, this is why I have gave up playing chess in 2015-16.  I cannot face playing such disgusting chess, its an affront to decency everywhere at all levels.   My opponent is even worse, he knows next to nothing about chess, all he can do is try to attack pieces, its not even chess, it should be called something else. Even when you win its totally empty if you never won properly. 

15...Bf5, what the heck is that? ....Nf6 wins on the spot. Disgusting, really it should have an X certificate.