Forums

Can I become a WGM if I say I am transgender?

plooook

will this work? how FIDE treat transgenders

pie314271

Better option: Don't talk about it.

thechessplaya5

Of course you can. If you just "say" so.

thegreat_patzer

@1131 blitz?

You know some women are pretty good at this game....

coffeethyme

plooook wrote:

will this work? how FIDE treat transgenders

If your official records report that you are female, FIDE is unlikely to question it without a compelling reason. If you somehow managed to get your records changed without visibly transitioning, that might provide a sufficiently compelling reason. If you satisfy the requirements, you then just need to perform in tournaments at a level worthy of the WGM title.

plooook
Lasker1900 wrote:

You can't become a WGM unless you are a pretty damn good chess player. Judging by your ratings, hacking off your genitallia won't help. Try a brain transplant

you don't need to be genitaless to be trans female, I asked my friend

nobodyreally
Lasker1900 wrote:

You can't become a WGM unless you are a pretty damn good chess player. Judging by your ratings, hacking off your genitallia won't help. Try a brain transplant

.                                                                  

plooook
TOQATEST wrote:

Clearly if one considers themselves to be transgender, they are mentally ill and are obviously too stupid to ever become WGM. 

There's no such thing as a true transgender, women who "become men" cannot impregnate a woman and men who "become women" cannot be impregnated. 

This reminds me of a joke my brother wrote:

Q: What's the difference between a Doctor and a member of the opposite sex? 

A: You can actually become a Doctor.

oh yeah so if girl cant get pregnant then she not girl ? what if guy have vasectommy?

and btw there are a lot of trangender doctors (I asked my friend)

Darth_Algar

If you just say it? No. If you actually live it, maybe. What dimwits don't get is that just saying you're trans doesn't cut it. You have to actually "walk the walk" (so to speak) and prove it.

ilulzmetuna

If you go for the chop, your rating will most likely drop by about 300 points.

Pulpofeira

Hormones are a powerful thing, TO, don't forget that. And for me, a transgender is whatever he/she feel he/she is even before having a surgery.

Darth_Algar
TOQATEST wrote:

 

There's no such thing as a true transgender, women who "become men" cannot impregnate a woman and men who "become women" cannot be impregnated.

Because the ability to become pregnant or to impregnant someone is the true marker of sex.

Darth_Algar
TOQATEST wrote:
plooook wrote:

oh yeah so if girl cant get pregnant then she not girl ? what if guy have vasectommy?

and btw there are a lot of trangender doctors (I asked my friend)

No, a girl is a girl because of her DNA, genomic sequence, and Chromosomes.  If a girl cannot get pregnant, she could have a medical issue, that does not mean that she is not a girl.  If a man mutilates his genitals so he cannot impregnate a girl, it doesn't mean that he is not a man, because his DNA didn't change.  And btw, there aren't a lot of transgender doctors because nobody can change their gender.  Until science can rewrite an individuals entire genomic sequence, no one will ever be transgender.  Just people suffering from a mental illness.

My previous statement applies to all so called "transgenders" and the logic still stands.  Just because someone mutilates their body, it doesn't change their gender.  Gender by definition is not a social construct, it is determined by one's DNA.  If one could truly change their gender, they should also be able to perform the biological tasks of that gender, which "transgenders" cannot.  Not one "Transgender" person has ever been able to.

You're confusing gender with sex. Correct this confusion and you'll sound just a little smarter when you're trying to sound smart.

DigammaJunction
[COMMENT DELETED]
thegreat_patzer

if you talked to your friend about this- doesn't she/he it thinks it a little  offensive for someone to want to be transgender just to snag a title on OTB chess?

The_Ghostess_Lola

....you can certainly try.

plooook

toqatest let me explain it this way to you, if you carve a pumpkin it is called a jack o latern but you can still put candles in pumpkins that are not carved

Poryg

It is kind of funny that so many people mention ratings when the point is not in the fact that the person plays badly,but whether it is possible to achieve wgm as a transgender :D

Darth_Algar

"Hey look everyone - I can Googles the dictionary to sound smrt!"

The problem with copy-and-pasting your answers from a dictionary is that dictionaries are rigid and often fail to account for the fluid nature of languages. Gender and sex are often used interchangably by people, even the stuffy academics who write dictionaries, but they are not the same. Never have been.

Or why do you think it is, for example, that when filing out legal, medical, census etc, etc paperwork you're never asked about gender, but about sex?

And frankly speaking, if you have to rely upon copypasta from dictionaries, encyclopedias or whatnot, to try to make your argument for you then you're piss poor at arguing and should give it up.

Darth_Algar
TOQATEST wrote:
Darth_Algar wrote:

You're confusing gender with sex. Correct this confusion and you'll sound just a little smarter when you're trying to sound smart.

Trying to sound smart is a moot point, I am 14 years old and my blitz and bullet ratings blow yours out of the water.  Quite pathetic wouldn't ya say??

Not at all relevant to the subject matter at hand, which further demonstrates just how poor you are at this arguing thing. But that's to be expected when you're 14 and know everything about everything.