Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Finally 1900

show your real strength by getting to my uscf lol

chessguy1012 wrote:
    torrubirubi wrote:
    Chessguy, you could probably exchange the queens on move 43, or not? You was winning, I think. Did you sacrifice or just blunder the pawn on c7?

I was in time trouble and starting making bad moves.

Okay

chessguy1012 wrote:

I am now 1966

Let's us know when you reach 2000. Probably you will immediately think "boy, this is not good, 2500 would be great". Of course.

Your a real pro chessguy happy.png

ChessTroll1 wrote:

Being 1900 in blitz is like being 2800 in slow (classical, standard) chess.

No. Not at all. Nice try, though.

CoffeeAnd420 wrote:

After playing here so far this month, I have much more respect for the blitz players on this site. The pool of players here is obviously very diverse because it's so large but I don't really see much better play except on the server Chessbase offers and often bundles with it's software packages. There are a *lot* of good slow/classical chess players over there. Still, the player pool here is quite comparable. Every other site is far softer than that at this point.

1900 blitz here is really fast and strong. Still, look at his ~1500 rapid rating. The 15/10 and 30/0 players here are really, really good.

I know it's obvious for someone rated 1650 in Rapid to feel like there is a qualitative difference between 1600 and 1700, but it's true. It's one of the things I like about being able to play chess here: I really get an understanding for the sorts of things I need to get better at in order to move forward.

SpeedyChess11 wrote:

good job. you should show the games that gotcha there :)

Ditto

Keyboard-Warrior wrote:
    CoffeeAnd420 wrote:

1900 blitz here is really fast and strong. Still, look at his ~1500 rapid rating. The 15/10 and 30/0 players here are really, really good.

You are right. That is suspicious. Usually the longer time controls are higher than your blitz. I have reported OP to moderators just to be sure that he got to 1900 without any help.

there are folks in this world who really are just massively better at blitz than at rapid. Blitz requires a different kind of talent. I can often survive slower games with stronger tacticians because they'll launch flashy but improper attacks and sacs that I couldn't handle in blitz.

Keyboard-Warrior wrote:
    CoffeeAnd420 wrote:

You are right. That is suspicious. Usually the longer time controls are higher than your blitz. I have reported OP to moderators just to be sure that he got to 1900 without any help.

Are you kidding?

yes but USCF play more regular so ur not underrated lol

like me 2000+ right now!!

and plus he doesn't play a lot of regular. so that's why

NICE!!!!

I am 2000 now and am on a 16 win streak

The game that got me to 2000 

ErikWQ wrote:

1900 blitz here is not terrible. I've seen NM's here rated 1900-2000. Even seen a couple 1800's too. I'm starting to wonder if I'm capable of getting that high. I'd like to just to play a master once in a while but the 3/0 pool here is brutal. 1700 is about my max at the moment.

It's all a matter of what your strengths and weaknesses are. I am good at shorter time controls so when I was playing 3 0 I was easily 1700. Now I am playing 5|5 and now I'm 1550.

17 game winning streak ended by a 2120 cry.png

Congrats on 2000!

thanks!

Online Now