Forums

How do you move to strategy from tactics?

Sort:
hleuk2

is there are simple list of principles ...I'll wait?

AndyClifton

No, that would just be more strategy. Smile

TeraHammer
AndyClifton wrote:

No, that would just be more strategy. 

ROFL!

hleuk2

That is outrageous.

There are moves, principles,  tactics, & strategies.

They are all different. A principle is to keep your rook on clear lines.

I asked TWO questions.

I make it clear by using different words for different meanings.

Your side kick is as bad as you are rolling on the floor laughing.

A man who thinks he's George Washington has been seeing a psychiatrist. He finishes up one session by telling him, "Tomorrow, we'll cross the Delaware and surprise them when they least expect it." As soon as he's gone, the psychiatrist picks up the phone and says, "King George, this is Benedict Arnold. I have the plans."

AndyClifton

Well, you think you made it clear anyway... Smile

I liked the joke though. Laughing

hleuk2

Different words have different meanings.

They have different listings.

Without words you cant even do mathematics.

AndyClifton

Your depth is way too deep for me.

Do some more jokes!

hleuk2

there you go again.

I think you shoulod be clear about what you mean by 'joke'; and please define belief and god to save time from where this argument will go.

heinzie

What is strategy anyway, and what is it good for? I have yet to win a single game because of my superior strategy

heinzie

Chess is 99% avoidance of strategy. Who said that?

AndyClifton

What I'm more interested in are vice principles.

heinzie

Actually I would like to see a serious answer on the first question

hleuk2

You cant play 99% chess. the garndmasters i know all used strategy.

But before i condemn you what do YOU mean by strategy.?

As to Young AndyClifton this is a video short of himj in his arguments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=f0DXDV1xThU

hleuk2

So would I.

And PLEASE NOTE I am NOT seeking strategy but TACTICS which is a lower level.

heinzie

No... jokes are more like cheap tactics. Please give some strategic philosophical reflections.

heinzie

As a sidenote Count Rugen, I must say that in a short span of time you have developed yourself to the level of a most excellent forum troller, my congratulations, keep up the good work

hleuk2

A stranger was seated next to a little girl on the airplane when the stranger turned to her and said, ‘Let’s talk. I've heard that flights go quicker if you
strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger.'

The little girl, who had just opened her book, closed it slowly and said to the stranger, 'What would you like to talk about?'

'Oh, I don't know,' said the stranger. 'How about nuclear power?' and he smiles.

OK, ' she said. 'That could be an interesting topic. But let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff - grass - . Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?'

The stranger, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, 'Hmmm, I have no idea.'

To which the little girl replies, 'Do you really feel qualified to discuss nuclear power when you don't know crap?

heinzie

hleuk2
[COMMENT DELETED]
Jabba_The_Mutt

Whoever said russians have a lousy sense of humour...."don't know shit!"