Forums

How do you move to strategy from tactics?

Sort:
AndyClifton

...and that's how you move to strategy from tactics.

nameno1had
hleuk2 wrote:

The answer to Is it possible you are both right and wrong about that idea?

is everything is possible. You cant set a posit then question it in your next one.

So the answer to can God make a move he cant understand is God has no limits.

Can God make a rock so big that He can't lift it? Either He can't make the rock or He can't lift the one He made, that was too big.

I find it interesting that some people are so affraid to offend God in search of the truth, that they are faithless, and they would rather live by lies and half truthes instead of really seeking the truth and living by it, no matter what it costs them.

When God chose to make a promise, was He bound to keep it, or was He not limited to the obligation He gave Himself or limited to keeping His word(what ever you prefer). The God I believe in isn't so small or on the brink of losing control, that He himself can't limit Himself or simply have limitations due to His nature that are inherent. Those things as I previously stated, don't take away from His sovereignty.

Can He cease to be God? Can He cease to be just? Believe me, He has His limits. When you push Him past one, He'll let you know. He limits Himself to that behavior too, because first He loves you and secondly, when its time to deal out the punishment, He wants to make sure you aren't ignorant of it. He will make sure that there is an impeccable lucidty and a termination of denial, that many choose to live by.

AndyClifton

Can He cease to be capitalized?

nameno1had
AndyClifton wrote:

Its a habit I prefer. If you cease to do it, is between you and Him. In certain respects I think He has bigger fish to fry...

AndyClifton

Is there a fish too big for Him to fry?

nameno1had
AndyClifton wrote:

Is there a fish too big for Him to fry?

Would you pass the tarter sauce, I'm hungry...

transpo
nameno1had wrote:
AndyClifton wrote:

Its a habit I prefer. If you cease to do it, is between you and Him. In certain respects I think He has bigger fish to fry...

He can cease to be capitalized if he is depreciated or he can maximize shareholder profit.  Of course there is the matter of retained earnings and non-personal use vehicles.  It's res ipsa loquitor.

AndyClifton

I'm finding that that last word looks a bit too much like "liquor"...

armhow

Let's go back to Hleuk's strategy and tactics topic. Do you really think chess need a strategy or it's just a game of positioning based on your opponent's movements?

zborg

If you really want to move...call Allied Van Lines.

They might be your last hope for this ever so moving thread.

armhow

Playing chess requires different approaches. Often it is based on the peculiarity of both players positions during a game. One player's flaw could determine the outcome of the game. Not unless if you have the same opponent and been playing for quite sometime. Here you got something you know about your opponent's styles and techniques. Then you can establish a strategy during your next encounter. The funny thing is you can only apply your strat during the openning salvo of the game.

hleuk2

THe art of chess is bounless. I still hold it depends on the mind of your enemy. Top seek wisdom is to follow philosophy (the love of wisdom) and relgions and ssceinces are subsets of philosophy. So is chess. I dunno about God: Akenhaten siad there was but one God and Moses was probably a follower whose exodus was because Akenaten died and the old relgions were reinstated., Zorathra. The grreks eg Socrates posited one god one supreme god that you could sense. An all pervading invisible good, said Ghandi, that we cannot see but we feel. That may be group homogeneity..sensing the right thing for the group like birds fly in formation.

Chess has taught me restraignt s well as frying fish.

armhow

Have you ever tried playing chess when drunk. 

hleuk2

i got drunk twice and got arrested both times!

Nope.

AndyClifton
armhow wrote:

Do you really think chess need a strategy or it's just a game of positioning based on your opponent's movements?

Gee, that's a mighty slender distinction...

hleuk2

It is fundamental

nameno1had
AndyClifton wrote:
armhow wrote:

Do you really think chess need a strategy or it's just a game of positioning based on your opponent's movements?

Gee, that's a mighty slender distinction...

you could quote my original answer to this mess...

armhow

I really think chess is just a game where one has to develop skills and ability in determining what position you should put your pieces together.  This way all of your pieces would synchronize with each other in defense and offense.  Although there are a lot of variations but most of the time it depends on the movements you made and the response of your opponent.  Other than that, it's just a game.  The plus factor is winning it.  The emotions that goes along with it when playing gives you an adrenaline rush to both your body and soul. This makes the game exciting and often times challenge you to improve your skills.  This must be the key factor that makes chess famous.

Strategies and tactics are common cause it has only one objective.  Both players are adopting it.  Winning is the ultimate prize of achieving the principles you have adopted. But it does'nt mean that it is the right one cause every player, every game, every situation has different peculiarilities.  ONe has to be keen when to adopt his learned principles and just make the best of it in every given situation.

nameno1had

I still dont understand why everyone complicates this...I'm glad that we aren't discussing the light and the day...some of you would be in the dark...oh wait...nevermind

hleuk2

i think like with armhow who therefore shows signs of genuine intelligence