Forums

life is like chess?

Sort:
Danny_BLT

i often hear the comparason, is it true? chess is mysterious as is life, everone has their own idea's. to me, chess is logical, life on the other hand....?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjxZ6MrBl9E&feature=fvst

?????? what do you think!

KOSAP

these are MY thoughts...

Life is like a game of chess. Every move/decision you make can either bring you an advantage or a disadvantage. Even acting upon your wisest/planned decision can bring a negative outcome. Pieces must keep moving though. life keeps on moving. Wins and Losses are a part of life. Sacrifices must be made at some point. Expect the unexpected. When making a decision that wasn't well thought out and have lost something BECAUSE of it, well it teaches to think twice next time, to be more vigilant. you musn't ever regret your decisions because every mistake is a lesson. mistakes are part of our fate. In this fate of ours, our life, our game doesn't end til' the king is trapped/we die. keep playing. as you lose you ironically get better, once you begin winning and continue to do so, you will keep yourself better. but even when losses come regardless your best position in the game or life, you accept them as the human you are. THAT increases your rating in life in many delightful ways! Wink

THE END

PLAVIN81

WELL PUTWink

TheNotoriousMIC

Danny you absolute boonick!

jazzmaTazz66

Beautifully Expressed !!!

DarnCatz

Sage words.

Flashfir

same, I thought of the same thing. but more specifect 

ChronoCode

@KOSAP Best thing I have ever read on this website.

BronsteinPawn

far from it, it is just an excuse for losers like Kasparov to waste their whole life on the gme.

Egboro

kool...but life is easier than chess game..

skarabejus

I think life is more like a poker game happy.png  Why life is more like a poker game? Because your choices even perfectly good ones can bring BAD results. In poker game you can lose even if you play brilliantly. Sometimes you just don't have cards... You will lose. Also some BAD decisions can bring you victories reinforcing bad way of thinking. So yeah I think life is more like a poker game, sometimes we get rewarded for stupid decisions/play, sometimes we get punished for doing the right thing. If we don't risk too much... then we play a lot of poker games and in the end it doesn't matter if you won or lost today. It all adds up to your success == statistics. If you do more important right decisions than you do mistakes overall you will come on top. But that does not mean you can win every game. Doesn't matter how good you are. Can not win every fight in life. 

Chess teaches that there are a lot of other people smarter or better at it than you. That you have to work to get better. That loss is not everything. It's just a lesson. You just have to move on hopefully learned something. 

bong711

BronsteinPawn wrote:

far from it, it is just an excuse for losers like Kasparov to waste their whole life on the gme.

I can't help but agree with this. Chess is a complex game. Life is even more complex.

RumenaKapljics
Let’s ask Mr. Finch, in his role in one of the most underrated TV Show in this decade, imho:

https://youtu.be/YkYAoOjm27U
ANOK1

no chess is much fairer , whereas life is full of situations that favour those best suited financially to get through them

Yudodattome

again the old saying ," LIfe is a game of chess." that proves everything

bong711
ANOK1 wrote:

no chess is much fairer , whereas life is full of situations that favour those best suited financially to get through them

Chess is a fair game. The highly educated, rich and powerful would lose to homeless chess hustlers terribly.

Heather_Stephens
BronsteinPawn wrote:

"Waste their whole life"? That is very harsh, and you could say that about all sports people. But they all brought a lot of enjoyment to people so it's wrong for you to look down on them. We're all on a journey through life and it's the journey that's more important than the destination - sheesh, pompous or what, but let's enjoy the journey on the way. Best wishes from London

bong711

Kasparov wasn't really a loser. He won WCC and millions of dollars. Players like Ivanchuk and Korchnoi devoted more time and effort to chess than Kasparov. They failed to win WCC. And money.

onlyhumannoai

@Danny_BLT Life is a game but Chess is real.

sanjayvijayanand

Life is like chess, Soul= King, Behavior = Queen, Health = Rook, Knowledge = Knight, Relationships = Bishop, Wealth = Pawns, each movement is Karma, play wisely, Have a great day