Forums

May 2019 Month in review

Sort:
notmtwain

https://www.chess.com/news/view/month-in-review-may-2019

This is for one month.  Very interesting info.

Strangemover

66 million games reviewed bloody hell! 

notmtwain
Strangemover wrote:

I wondered what percentage of total games played that was and checked the "games today" number for 7 random dates and came up with 3.1 million each time. 

If that is correct, and assuming a 30 day month, they would be reviewing more than two thirds of all the games played.

That seems very unlikely, at least assuming the definition of "reviewed for Fair Play" is more than cursory.

mariners234
notmtwain wrote:
Strangemover wrote:

I checked the "games today" number for 7 random dates and came up with 3.1 million each time. 

If that is correct, and assuming a 30 day month, they would be reviewing more than two thirds of all the games played.

That seems very unlikely, at least assuming the definition of "reviewed for Fair Play" is more than cursory.

Hmm. I agree reviewing so many games is unlikely (unless, as you say, it's cursory) but what does it being 2/3rds of the total have to do with it?

It's an interesting statistic, and I'm glad you shared it, but I'm just curious if that was part of your reasoning.

notmtwain
mariners234 wrote:
notmtwain wrote:
Strangemover wrote:

I checked the "games today" number for 7 random dates and came up with 3.1 million each time. 

Hmm. I agree reviewing so many games is unlikely (unless, as you say, it's cursory) but what does it being 2/3rds of the total have to do with it?

It's an interesting statistic, and I'm glad you shared it, but I'm just curious if that was part of your reasoning.

I'm just happy to see chess.com reveal more about the site and I hope to make more people aware of news posts like the one linked above- which are relatively infrequent here.

mariners234

I agree. I'm glad for some transparency.

Monie49
Keep the news and stats coming
notmtwain

June 2019 report

Looks like 11,000 more closed for abuse last month. (31,846 in June versus 20,888 in May)