Forums

Most Popular Chess Websites in the World

Sort:
Natalia_Pogonina

Here is the current list of the most popular chess websites. Hope you will find it interesting! Wink

P.S. Easy to guess who #1 is, right?

r3dg1ant
yea, I like chessbase.com. But yes it obvious who got number 1 worldwide. "wink wink"
comradedew

I really like the way you did your website, pics and articles that shows yourself in positive light and easy access to the shop while promoting chess websites without looking like annoying ads

ammshmm

bolshoe cbacibo vam 

MyCowsCanFly

Nice list...thanks

ammshmm
[COMMENT DELETED]
Frankdawg

Natalia how is it possible to fit so much beauty and brains into 1 person?

vizkris

I am surprised that sites like ICC, Playchess don't feature in there! Aren't those the ones where sometimes GMs play?

ammshmm

Do Konechno , chto vi ne videte cebia ?

Natalia_Pogonina

@Give1take2 I've got a list with over 100 nice websites. Wink

@Frankdawg Embarassed

@vizkris Playchess.com and ChessClub.com don't fit in the top-20 mainly because people don't have to visit them to play at ICC or PlayChess. They simply download a special program and launch it every time they want to play instead of proceeding to the website. And yes, you are right, these two portals have more titled players than any others.

markronilodevera

naman!

NimzoRoy

And the basis for this list is?

ChessPaladin2009

WinkThank you very much, Natalia!  SmileI really do appreciate it!  -  ChessPaladin2009Cool 

philidorposition

Surprising to see gameknot, which is the worst in the list imo, on such a high rank, and chessvibes, which is probably the best chess news source at the moment, so low.

vizkris

@Natalia: Thanks. Your explanation makes perfect sense. When I was browsing playchess it asked me to download an application :)

@Fezzik: Thank you too for the additional info!

Atos

Also, the sites ranking next are either correspondence only or database sites (chessgames.com). 

PrawnEatsPrawn
Champion1er wrote:

All these sites are very good chess sites,.. but I like only this site, www.chess.com

I think it is the best chess site,.. yeahhh :))

You seem to have made your mind up in only a few hours, with zero games played.

Thanks for the hard-won information.

Dragec

gameknot has IMO extremely well designed playing layout.

The conditional moves are very good. And in the puzzles computer plays various moves, not only a single default line as in some other sites.

batgirl
Fezzik wrote:

(How often do you think David Pruess gets comments about his combination of physical beauty and brains?)

Not often enough.

Eniamar
Fezzik wrote:

I completely agree, Dragec. Gameknot is indeed excellent for correspondence chess and their puzzles section is better than here. Chess.com could learn a bit from them. For instance, I sincerely hope chess.com reconsiders its position on making multiple lines of conditional moves a "premium feature" when it really is an essential tool for the serious correspondence player.

I didn't even know that was a premium-only feature. I've been a member for so long that I forget about all the perks that exist.

In this case I agree, I don't really see it being such a big deal to make it free, whereas the deeper opening explorer makes sense as a pay feature.

This forum topic has been locked