Forums

POLL: Just out of curiosity, why can't you reach 1000 live rating on this site !?

Sort:
DCthedestroyer

I am thousand rated.Check account.

PunchboxNET
If you just want fun, ratings don’t matter
Vibhansh_Alok

Do you guys want some coffee? I’m gonna get my refill...

Vibhansh_Alok
Free-de-la-hoy2 wrote:

Just now I had a cup. No thanks brothier

Was not for kids anyway....cheers!

Teabreaker

I guess the reason is the same for not reaching any other (sane) number. They just don't want to

Omega_Doom

Sometimes I see how under 1000 can play by watching one blogger. Looks like her chess knowledge is similar to mine(my knowledge is quite primitive) but she blunders a lot. She doesn't see many simple things like captures and so on. She doesn't see many of them during one game and needs to spend considerably long time to discover them. I don't think it is a matter of  motivation. Motivation can play role when you are already good at tactics and you need improvement in areas like opening or endgame. I believe it is possible to reach 1800 only by playing games and doing tactics. Currently i have 1700 in blitz and practically have zero opening and endgame knowledge. Losing or winning for me almost exclusively depends on my tactic sharpness. I still blunder terribly, maybe not every game but still a lot.

Moonwarrior_1

Idk why I’m stuck under 

2Kd21-0

Now I managed to crawl up to 1000 blitz

B1ZMARK

I used to be around 800 UScF for five years. I didn’t know how to formulate a plan and knew two ways to checkmate: staircase and king and queen mates. 

Looking back it’s a wonder I managed to be 800.

tomcollins1985

playing for years not long stated on here and love the lessons etc not going to pay for it how ever get more than enough from the free version. keep climbing up to and a trickle over then get knocked down substantially by a player with barely any points thinking easy get a win but they blow me out water something strange about some profiles on here