Forums

Which category you enjoy playing most? bullet, blitz, standard, online, or 960?

Sort:
TheArtofWar82
Alex1968 wrote:

To TheArtoWar82: It is possible to set other time control (besides 15 and 30 min for example 45 + 45 as it used in DHLC games and any that you wish) by using "custom" line in the menu.

Oh, I know. I generally play with a 5 second increment lately as that's USCF standard and what they use at my club.

Fear_The_Knight

I dont like lightning at all its only speedy.

NMmarkopetrovic

Live standard and superblitz tournaments.

PROUD_TO_BE_GREEK

bullet,lightning*

TheArtofWar82
PROUD_TO_BE_GREEK wrote:

bullet,lightning*

Maybe one of these days you'll actually play chess Cool

PROUD_TO_BE_GREEK

???

Time4Tea

I very much like Online, because I feel it's the best for learning and improving and it allows me time to play the best quality game I can achieve.  Also, I'm a busy professional, so it's hard for me to find time to play 'live' chess, although I definitely need to play it more to improve my play under time-pressure.

I don't really have much inclination to play blitz/bullet - I'm just more interested in quality than quantity.

PROUD_TO_BE_GREEK

i believe that bullet is the hardest........in online you have 3 days to think in bullet only 0.00000001 sec.

Ziryab
PROUD_TO_BE_GREEK wrote:

i believe that bullet is the hardest........in online you have 3 days to think in bullet only 0.00000001 sec.

Think? In bullet? Never. Play by intuition only.

PROUD_TO_BE_GREEK

in online some people have chess books or help from chess sites,masters

in live chess and in bullet he have not

TheArtofWar82
Time4Tea wrote:

I very much like Online, because I feel it's the best for learning and improving

At what? Certainly not OTB live chess.  Taking the clock and removing it entirely certainly doesn't accurately reflect a rated USCF or FIDE chess match.  

Obviously it allows you to play your best game.  How could you get it wrong? You have no clock running, engines, the world wide web, other people, etc (on and on) all at your disposal.  That resembles what we just saw in the Sinquefield? At your local club? 

Not one bit.

TheArtofWar82
PROUD_TO_BE_GREEK wrote:

Obvious troll.

Time4Tea
PROUD_TO_BE_GREEK wrote:

I think the question of how 'hard' it is really comes down to who you're playing against.  Do you think playing correspondence vs an IM would be any less hard than playing against a 'bullet master'?  Which ever time control you play, you will find challenge at some level ...

Ziryab
TheArtofWar82 wrote:
Time4Tea wrote:

I very much like Online, because I feel it's the best for learning and improving

At what? Certainly not OTB live chess.  Taking the clock and removing it entirely certainly doesn't accurately reflect a rated USCF or FIDE chess match.  

Obviously it allows you to play your best game.  How could you get it wrong? You have no clock running, engines, the world wide web, other people, etc (on and on) all at your disposal.  That resembles what we just saw in the Sinquefield? At your local club? 

Not one bit.

Online correspondence chess has been an essential element, albeit not an exclusive one, in helping me improve my USCF OTB rating from under 1500 in my mid-30s to over 1900 in my 50s.

PROUD_TO_BE_GREEK

time for tea,why your online is 1950 and your standard is 1300+

why your bullet is (-) ???????????????????????

you know to play online.......online is  not chess i think

TheArtofWar82
Ziryab wrote:
TheArtofWar82 wrote:
Time4Tea wrote:

Not one bit.

Online correspondence chess has been an essential element, albeit not an exclusive one, in helping me improve my USCF OTB rating from under 1500 in my mid-30s to over 1900 in my 50s.

That sounds like a fair statement and point taken.  

I just think it's getting carried away when you have people referring to themselves as a "1500" and what not because that's their "online chess" rating on Chess.com.  You know what I mean? 

PROUD_TO_BE_GREEK

i see members with 2500 online and bullet,standard,blitz 1300-

the good player has got all of them 2000+

TheArtofWar82
PROUD_TO_BE_GREEK wrote:

Because nobody puts one ounce of credence into the bullet, blitz, and lightening scores people produce.  Nobody cares.

You're also ignoring the fact that "most" people who play chess don't even play here. Most titled players play on ICC.

TheArtofWar82
coneheadzombie wrote:
TheArtofWar82 wrote:
PROUD_TO_BE_GREEK wrote:

Because nobody puts one ounce of credence into the bullet, blitz, and lightening scores people produce.  Nobody cares.

Lightening? I haven't heard of that one.

Oh yeah. Why would these mouth breathers stop at bullet? They have lightening. Lightening = primary time control of less than 60 seconds.

I've seen people on here playing five second games with a five second increment and what not.  It's laughable.

edit: I actually just looked - That's not here, that's on Chesscube.  Big surprise.  No here, I see several 1/0 and 1/1 games being played as we speak.  Obviously, there are just dozens upon dozens upon dozens of 30/0+ games being played right now if anyone cares to look and quell the notion that nobody plays standard online.  

Time4Tea
PROUD_TO_BE_GREEK wrote:

time for tea,why your online is 1950 and your standard is 1300+

why your bullet is (-) ???????????????????????

you know to play online.......online is  not chess i think

Because I hardly ever play standard and I've literally never played blitz or bullet?  But I totally accept that I've been playing too much Online recently and I need to play more Live - I know it would be good for me and I said that in my previous post.

But to say Online isn't chess ... wow - where's that coming from?