Forums

Why do Americans like Bobby Fischer?

Sort:
goldendog

That's what they said about Picasso.

Get in on flags on the ground floor while you can, I say.

dannyhume

Imagine Tootie saying "those are the facts of life" in an episode of the Facts of Life. That is what post #128 is like.   Belated 1200, thank you.

ilikeflags
bsrasmus wrote:
ilikeflags wrote:

but i promise that in the end...  i will win

Doesn't matter. 

doesn't matter is code for you're right on the internet.

ilikeflags

i know one person who thinks i'm right

oh yeah and this guy

i guess that's two

ilikeflags

speaking of

Ubik42
dannyhume wrote:

The KGB didn't kill Bobby Fischer...unless they used psychological warfare***

*** the words in italics are said with Peter Griffin's voice sarcastically like in that episode of Family Guy when he says in a higher-pitched voice "...and you're over there";  I can't remember which episode it is, might be the one when he fights the voltron-esque robot of paraplegics composed of Joe's many paraplegic friends, when Peter didn't want them patronizing his restaurant, but I am not sure, can't find it on youtube.

No, but if you could ressurect Bobby he would probably insist that they did!

Well, the KGB or the Jews. Or Americans. Or maybe Larry Evans or Karpov.

ilikeflags

ilikeflags

ilikeflags
so in the end, i win. ___________ is the best form of flattery. but you're not a jedi yet.
eddiewsox
dannyhume wrote:

Barack Obama is about to give his state of the union address...he's got lots of friends, shaking all those peoples hands...definitely doesn't play chess.

I've heard that President Obama does play chess, better than bowling, not  as good as basketball.

GhostNight

Now I feel embarrassed i responded to this post, it was a setup! lolo I also want to appologized to ilikeflags for my comment. I like flags also, there are many meaning that go into flags of named countries. But do you notice that all the colors of your countries flag are also in ours! We are two of a kind and thats the way it will always be!   You had the beatles, and we had Elvis, you have a King, we have a Clown ( mission accomplished)! lolo Oh hell I stepped into it againEmbarassed

I also feel people should get rated by there post and get more points for great post and deducted points for poor post and misspelled words and like its America, not america, or england, is England, get it?

ilikeflags

i'm actually a stinkin' yank.  born in california rainsed and living in las vegas.  my wee mum gave me this english blood though.

chessoholicalien
OsageBluestem wrote:

I'm rooting for Carleson, and Anish Giri.

You mean CarlsEn - he's not some Minnesota farm-boy!

hyperniko

i have books of Bobby Fisher for I have admired him as a chess champion, but like most of us, am very sad about his personality.

EternalChess
hyperniko wrote:

i have books of Bobby Fisher for I have admired him as a chess champion, but like most of us, am very sad about his personality.

I dont know whats up about these books, but I thought someone else published them not fischer?

orthodude

Bobby Fischer's 'hatred for the jews' was the same as Rush Limbaugh's hatred of 

liberals  or a politicians hatred of an able-bodied SSI recipient.

waffllemaster
SerbianChessStar wrote:
hyperniko wrote:

I dont know whats up about these books, but I thought someone else published them not fischer?

60 memorable games is his... I believe any others were written for him and just used his name.

EternalChess

ahh thanks waffles

grover-dill

I think of Fisher as a quasi- idiot savant.  He had a prodigious intelligence of a special type, a "skill" that was  "very deep, but exceedingly narrow".  But socially a misfit. He must have been a very sad person but it is no excuse for his hate. In chess though there were few equals. What surprises me is there are not more savants with chess skills that are notable as there are savants with musical abilities or memories with dates and numbers,something comparable to computer chess abilites (number crunching). To use a poor example the character Dustin Hoffman played in the movie Rain Man

raul72
waffllemaster wrote:
SerbianChessStar wrote:
hyperniko wrote:

60 memorable games is his... I believe any others were written for him and just used his name.

Well, there weren't that many Fischer books. Fischer would never put his name on a book written by someone else---why--Because it would be inferior to anything Fischer would write.

Vanity---thy name is Fischer!    CASE CLOSED

This forum topic has been locked