Forums

Why Is the Rook so Short?

Sort:
Powerboat

Those legends of Joseph / Jesus in Glastonbury (I assume that's what @chessspy1 is recalling?) may well have been propaganda: https://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/nov/23/glastonbury-myths-made-up-by-12th-century-monks

FBloggs

It was a joke, guys. Let's not turn it into a debate.

brennangraham

Who was Charles Krauthammer? Bloggs?

brennangraham

In regards to Jesus, Of course the story defies belief. That's Why The Lord is a Legend.

FBloggs
brennangraham wrote:

Who was Charles Krauthammer? Bloggs?

Come on, man. All you have to do is google.

FBloggs
brennangraham wrote:

In regards to Jesus, Of course the story defies belief. That's Why The Lord is a Legend.

We don't get into religious debates here. Enough of that.

brennangraham

My mistake. I thought he was a personal friend of yours.

brennangraham

Yes, Please do put a halt on religious debates.

FBloggs
brennangraham wrote:

My mistake. I thought he was a personal friend of yours.

Oh I see. I've read Krauthammer's columns for years. 

breakingbad12

fun fact: OkCupid, PlentyOfFish, Tinder, and Match.com are owned by the same company

breakingbad12

fun fact: Zebras are responsible for more injuries to zoo keepers than any other animal.

breakingbad12

fun fact: Some chimps put grass in their ears for pure "tradition". That's a form of culture. 

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10071-014-0766-8

breakingbad12
FBloggs wrote:
breakingbad12 wrote:

fun fact: Marie Curie was the first woman to win a Nobel Prize, the first person and only woman to win twice and the only person to win a Nobel Prize in two different sciences

That's a good one!

Indeed. I guess we can say that she's the Judit Polgar of science lol

brennangraham

Damn Zebras

FBloggs

@chessspy1, @PoolPlayerToo, @breakingbad12, @eulers_knot, @jeremyosher, @stewardjandstewardj, @Powerboat, @jazis, @52yrral, @sameez1, @KingsBishop, @brennangraham: Quotes Hour is coming up soon at Why Is the Rook so Short?

FBloggs

It's Quotes Hour at Why Is the Rook so Short?

FBloggs

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." ― Ronald Reagan

FBloggs

"Imagine a political system so radical as to promise to move more of the poorest 20% of the population into the richest 20% than remain in the poorest bracket within the decade? You don't need to imagine it. It's called the United States of America." ― Thomas Sowell

FBloggs

"I know worrying works, because none of the stuff I worried about ever happened." ― Will Rogers

FBloggs
breakingbad12 wrote:

fun fact: Zebras are responsible for more injuries to zoo keepers than any other animal.

You get a trophy for posting a fun fact at #3700!