Why most of the great chess players are jews?

e4myfavourite

Question: What is common among Kasparov, Fischer, Tal, Polgar, Botvinnik, Lasker,  Korchnoi,Smyslov, Aronian and Gelfand?

Answer: They are either jew or half jew.

Is there any relationship between genes and chess talent?

Well, I am not a jew.
I found some links regarding this
     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_chess_players
     http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chesscollection?cid=1004505
     http://www.jinfo.org/Chess.html

RomyGer

Thanks, Senthil, but for you and everybody interested : hundreds of posts are being written on various forums here, on this subject !

johnnydlile

All they had to play was boardgames in the concentration camps.

JohnnyKGB

is part of the illuminati agenda  , all these guys had electronic help  

TheGreatOogieBoogie

 

Maybe that is something worth investigating? Is it any coincidence that Jews have the highest IQ on average yet have all of these accomplishments?  Film and banking at the turn of the century were considered crass by the WASP elite, so Jews naturally went into these fields as they were socially looked down on and had no problem with such fields (why would they?  Film and banking aren't objectively wrong in and of themselves)

 

So many Jews passed elite college entrance exams that Harvard, Princeton, and Yale started having subjective criteria such as "character" (read: arbitrary qualities relating to upper class whites) to deal with their so-called "Jewish problem".

 

The Jewish community overthrew the white shoe boys' stranglehold over the legal profession.

 

Israel, only founded in 1948 and roughly the size of New Jersey, has so many accomplishments such as net gain in trees, great pharmaceutical, medical, and computer tech advancements, the only liberal democracy in the area, and even builds schools and hospitals for the Palestinians.

 

 

 

Derekjj
e4myfavourite wrote:

Question: What is common among Kasparov, Fischer, Tal, Polgar, Botvinnik, Lasker,  Korchnoi,Smyslov, Aronian and Gelfand?

Answer: They are either jew or half jew.

Is there any relationship between genes and chess talent?

Well, I am not a jew.
I found some links regarding this
     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_chess_players
     http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chesscollection?cid=1004505
     http://www.jinfo.org/Chess.html

Fischer was not a jew.

pfren
chessph wrote:

Fischer was not a jew.

Both of his parents had Jewish descent.

Xilmi
pfren wrote:
chessph wrote:

Fischer was not a jew.

Both of his parents had Jewish descent.

So religion is in the genes and not subject of free choice?

Also naming 10 players and then concluding that's "most of the great chess players" is kinda gimmicky. I'd guess the list of non-jewish "great chess players" would probably exceed this by far.

pfren
Xilmi wrote:
pfren wrote:
chessph wrote:

Fischer was not a jew.

Both of his parents had Jewish descent.

So religion is in the genes and not subject of free choice?

You are confused. You can be of jewish descent, and also an atheist, buddhist, muslim, or whatever. You can even be an antisemite, like Fischer was.

skakmadurinn
RomyGer wrote:

Thanks, Senthil, but for you and everybody interested : hundreds of posts are being written on various forums here, on this subject !

Hmm this is the first I see about this.

Pilfer
TheGreatOogieBoogie wrote:

 Film and banking aren't objectively wrong in and of themselves

 

 

Except for banking.

Pat_Zerr

So what about Alekhine, Carlson, Karpov, Capablanca, Morphy, Kramnik, Anand, Spassky, Botvinnik, Steinitz, and dozens of other non-Jewish great chess players throughout history?

pfren
N2UHC wrote:

So what about Alekhine, Carlson, Karpov, Capablanca, Morphy, Kramnik, Anand, Spassky, Botvinnik, Steinitz, and dozens of other non-Jewish great chess players throughout history?

You have just mentioned two jews. Please recheck your facts.

chessjelly
[COMMENT DELETED]
Xilmi
pfren wrote:

You are confused. You can be of jewish descent, and also an atheist, buddhist, muslim, or whatever. You can even be an antisemite, like Fischer was.

I am confused because you confused me! ^^

I assumed the point of your previous post was to confirm he was because his parents where but now it sounds quite the opposite.

pfren

It seems you cannot tell the difference between Jewish descent, and Jewish religion. Fool me, I thought it was easy...

TheBigDecline

Oy vey, now Xilmi confused me, lol!

DrFrank124c

Chess is a heliolithic game and the Jewish culture is heliolithic thus chess appeals to people who were brought up in  the Jewish culture. But, of course, there are many great chess players  who are not Jewish at all. Also many people who are labelled as "Jews," while being of Jewish descent do not believe in Judaism, Many are atheists, Christians, Buddhists and so foth. Many people who we think of as "Jews" are not descended from the original tribes of Israel. At one time Jews proselytized and many people who call themselves "Jews" are actually of European descent.    

TheBigDecline

And it's not true that 'most of the GMs are Jews, as by their religion and/or ancestry', but it would be more interesting to ask why so many Jews became Nobel prize laureates, if they just represent a tiny fraction of the entire world population. Jews seem to be, on average, pretty bright people.

NomadicKnight

Wow wonder how long this thread will last... Foot in Mouth

This forum topic has been locked