Forums

How do I get "Points"?

Sort:
artfizz
dwaxe wrote: Just FYI, they've cancelled the free T-shirt for 1000 points thing...
erik  wrote: maybe i'll just create a virtual chess.com T-shirt and give that to people who ask :)

Newcomers to the discussion may barely realise that the whole T-shirt imbroglio gone belly-up.

copernick123

Yes, but I don,t think anyone will get to this level before forgetting this.

artfizz
copernick123 wrote: Yes, but I don't think anyone will get to this level before forgetting this.

I don't think it's a question of forgetting. Many members hovering just under 1000 Member Points may never have heard that there was a T-shirt on offer in the first place. And fewer still might have noticed that this prospective T-shirt has now been pulled from under them (which is no way to treat a T-shirt).

Erik's implied offer of an automated acknowledgement: Congratulations! You have now reached 1000 Member Points. What did you expect? A T-shirt! would surely go some way to marking this auspicious achievement.

Hugh_T_Patterson

Spam, spam, spam, spam....wonderful spam. If you get a t-shirt at 1000 points Erik is just shy of having a t-shirt for each day of the week (before one of you tries to explain to me who Erik is......I know, I know).

Mainline_Novelty

spam, spam

artfizz
Hugh_T_Patterson wrote:

Spam, spam, spam, spam....wonderful spam. If you get a t-shirt at 1000 points Erik is just shy of having a t-shirt for each day of the week (before one of you tries to explain to me who Erik is......I know, I know).

The Spam (Spam) Song was written by EricIdle though he normally is.

zlhflans

Me too? Can I have 1 too uncle Erik?

DigitalElectron

I want that T-Shirt!

erik
paul211 wrote:

Erick,

Instead of a T-shirt, when I reach 1000 points, I have a dozen plus of them , can I get a decal 6x8" that I can put on my inside door window, it needs to stick on it naturally.

we don't give out t-shirts or anything else. sorry!

Mainline_Novelty
erik wrote:
paul211 wrote:

Erick,

Instead of a T-shirt, when I reach 1000 points, I have a dozen plus of them , can I get a decal 6x8" that I can put on my inside door window, it needs to stick on it naturally.

we don't give out t-shirts or anything else. sorry!

You just said a t-shirt for 1,000 member points!

artfizz
artfizz wrote:
... Many members hovering just under 1000 Member Points may never have heard that there was a T-shirt on offer in the first place. And fewer still might have noticed that this prospective T-shirt has now been pulled from under them (which is no way to treat a T-shirt).
Erik's implied offer of an automated acknowledgement:  Congratulations! You have now reached 1000 Member Points. What did you expect? A T-shirt! would surely go some way to marking this auspicious achievement.

Is this how Urban Legends start? THERE ARE NO T-SHIRTS ANY MORE.

Hugh_T_Patterson

The Great T-Shirt Rebellion of 2008, a day that will live in the history books.

artfizz
RetGuvvie98 wrote:

If you want to send me $30 (US), I'll make sure you get a free CHESS.COM T shirt.

{PT Barnum said there were lots of them, and I hope to find a few and make a buck.}

If I send you $30 (US), and each T-shirt is free [0$ (US)], wouldn't I be entitled to receive 30/0 T-shirts?

artfizz
paul211 wrote:

Do you know that since my membership on this site  that I still do not know how many points that I have. I do not even know where to look for them and truly I do not care ...

12th November 2008, 02:31am
by paul211
Canada 
Member Points: 325

My guess would be that you have about 325 Member Points. (On an unrelated note, I'm guessing that you've been a Member Since Mar 2008 - if the heading that appears above every topic posting is to be believed.)

thegab03

paul211 go to the pub and have a pint on me!

CowboyNoel

How about some credit for being a greeter.  I did this fer a couple of hun games until I realized 99% never make a second move.  I was lookin 4 a way to play more than a couple people/day and be helpful. 

neb-c

Why no t-shirt

Assurbanipal

Everybody should appreciate that happiness and recognition are just 1,000 points ahead of us!

jchen

That's too bad that they don't give away free T-shirts anymore. Oh, well, I don't really like T-shirts anyways

thegab03

And I was going for me fourth!

This forum topic has been locked