Forums

All games end in opponent disconnecting

Sort:
Sir_Connery

4/5 of my games end with opponent disconnecting (if I'm winning). The 5 minutes that I have to wait is not the worst thing ever, but still it's annoying because before I could start another game while now only the disconnectors can.

I know this has been discussed before but it needs to be said again. The current solution is not working.

Phylar

Oh it certainly is not working. However, the majority of us users, myself included, haven't been able to come up with anything better. How about yourself?

Sir_Connery

I was fine with how the system used to be...

Scottrf

I thought they had made it 2 minutes if someone disconnects?

Last time it happened to me I'm 90% sure it said 'XXX has 2 minutes to reconnect', and he lost by game abandoned with about 5 out of 8 minutes on the clock.

Sir_Connery

It has been 5 minutes for me every time. I play 30/0 games only. Maybe the disconnect time is shorter for shorter games?

baddogno

Think you're on to something Sir_Connery.  I remember someone from staff saying something about it being a % of the total time you have for the game.  Wish I remembered more....

Scottrf

You must make each individual move within 50% of the total time (not sure if just tournament games), maybe disconnection has something similar, maybe 2 mins for blitz, 5 for standard.