Forums

A position tactic from an Atkins vs Prins game of May of 1937

Sort:
introuble2

Netherlands - England match around 17-18 of May 1937 in Het volksdagblad 19.05.1937, where are recognized Euwe and Winter on the 1st board, Landau and Thomas on the 2nd

_

Before the 7th Chess Olympiad of 1937 in Stockholm, a 2 round 10 board match was arranged between Netherlands and England around 17-18 of May 1937. Euwe had expressed his pleasant surprise about the veteran's H. E. Atkins participation [Haagsche courant 03.04.1937].

Results from Tijdschrift van den Nederlandschen Schaakbond, 05.1937

_

I think only a Winter - Euwe game had survived and the following beautiful position from an Atkins - Prins game. At least these are what I've tracked...

White to play and win in Arnhemsche courant 22.05.1937

_

simaginfan

Good morning mate! Great photo again! The full score of the prints game is in my post on Atkins from July 2017. At work so can't post the link at the moment. Thanks for this. Very nice.😀👍

introuble2
simaginfan wrote:

Good morning mate! Great photo again! The full score of the prints game is in my post on Atkins from July 2017. At work so can't post the link at the moment. Thanks for this. Very nice.😀👍

thanx!! https://www.chess.com/blog/simaginfan/henry-atkins-an-introduction ->full article!! At least the puzzle worth it...

simaginfan

Thanks for posting the link. I don't have databases, but I am sure that there are some games there that can't be found elsewhere. There is a pgn file of the match on britbase I think.