Some Tuesday on a ranch??

AnnaZC

thank you paul, had trouble looking for a finish on this,

even with the Queen sacrifice

AnnaZC

yeah it was some tuesday, Cool

AnnaZC

@Paddestoel

puzzle was taken from chess tempo, and since I do not have a chess engine installed anywhere, Mandy was the option I had to play out the moves,

Using her name, I based it on the movie, All the Boys Love Mandy Lane and the dvd release was on October 9th 2007, which was a tuesday

As for the ranch, the movie was filmed on a ranch in Austin

the endInnocent

vigneshknight

correct anna>>> two rooks are much valuabe then queen>>>then he has only queen and bishop,, so its easy for u>:):):P

xitvono

you have 2 rooks and a knight for the queen. This looks good for black. You should be OK because I think black can keep everything protected and cover all possible checks. Then he can start to go after f2. Note that white also has to watch out for ne5+ so it looks like Bf4 is forced.

onthehouse
[COMMENT DELETED]
AnnaZC
vigneshknight wrote:

correct anna>>> two rooks are much valuabe then queen>>>then he has only queen and bishop,, so its easy for u>:):):P

seems like it now, Mandy and me played it out a couple of times, this time using Fritz, took us a couple of tries....................to get it, arrghhhhhhh

the answers at some of these puzzle sites play out just a few moves as answers, and unless it is comprehensively clear, I like to play it out as well, and thanks vignesh for looking into this

AnnaZC
xitvono wrote:

you have 2 rooks and a knight for the queen. This looks good for black. You should be OK because I think black can keep everything protected and cover all possible checks. Then he can start to go after f2. Note that white also has to watch out for ne5+ so it looks like Bf4 is forced.

thank you xitvono, also wondered if this would be different if Black's pawn was at a5, and not a7

AnnaZC

therefore would game would go as