Forums

how is kramnik carlsen looking

Sort:
JamesCoons

The games can be downloaded from the following URL

http://www.theweekinchess.com/assets/files/pgn/wchcand13.pgn

Hiarcs Chess Explorer has an Open URL... feature with an automatic reload feature. I set the reload to every minute and I am up to date. Its an easy feature to implement. I should add it to ChessX. It would probably only take an hour or so to write the code.

Or you can download the file and load it into your favorite chess program.

Byerley
There are no draws by agreement before move 30 in this tournament . However, a draw can be claimed before that as was the case yesterday when Kramnik claimed the draw due to 3fold repetition.
SmyslovFan

Pfren, they had to wait until move 30 to agree to a draw because of the tnmt rules.

SmyslovFan

Agreed, Pfren.

After two rounds, Aronian and Radjabov have to be pretty happy with their results. Kramnik and Svidler are probably moderately happy with their play.

Carlsen is probably not wildly happy, but he also has to be licking his chops at the thought of playing so many fish in the next few rounds. 

The rest of the field are probably dissatisfied with their performance so far.

Scottrf

I don't think any fish were invited.

waffllemaster
Scottrf wrote:

I know, it's really fun, every pairing is a game to look forward to!

But I wonder if the top 2 or 3 players don't look down on some of the others... I recall Topalov talking crap about Kramnik before their match and there was only a ~50 point rating difference.

SmyslovFan
waffllemaster wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

But I wonder if the top 2 or 3 players don't look down on some of the others... I recall Topalov talking crap about Kramnik before their match and there was only a ~50 point rating difference.

The GM commentators who have played these guys can certainly tell a huge difference in skill between Carlsen and Ivanchuk. And yes, even before this round, Ivanchuk was my pick to finish last in the tournament. Gelfand will probably join him. Svidler would normally be on that short list for me, but I have a feeling his special preparation will pay off. 

Yes, every player here is capable of winning a game off the other. But not every player here is capable of winning the tournament.

TetsuoShima
SmyslovFan wrote:
waffllemaster wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

The GM commentators who have played these guys can certainly tell a huge difference in skill between Carlsen and Ivanchuk. And yes, even before this round, Ivanchuk was my pick to finish last in the tournament. Gelfand will probably join him. Svidler would normally be on that short list for me, but I have a feeling his special preparation will pay off. 

Yes, every player here is capable of winning a game off the other. But not every player here is capable of winning the tournament.

i dont think so, Ivanchuk doesnt have anything to lose now. Nothing is more dangerous then a wounded tiger.

waffllemaster
SmyslovFan wrote:
waffllemaster wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

I agree.  My Cinderella story winner is Ivanchuk.  It'd be great to see him win but... yeah, pretty much a fairy tale.  His game today seemed especially poor and it's only the 2nd round : /