Forums

Reproduction and Real Jaques of London Chess Set

Sort:
IpswichMatt
GMM4U wrote:

Update - the Jaques Knights are finally completed - delighted with them

They look pretty good Carl

GMM4U

almost ready, just the finishing touches - stamping and packaging, here's a few of the completed sets hope you like them as much as we do happy.png

Uchebuike

Absolutely beautiful! I hope they are available for a long time. I can’t imagine how high the requests will be!

BrownishGerbil

Incredible craftmanship!

DesperateKingWalk

Looks wonderful!

TundraMike

It sure has the WOW FACTOR. How much extra would I add to ship to the US?

magictwanger

Deserves to sell out fast! I'll bet it does.

TundraMike

The conversion rate for all those in the US and Canada as of yesterday is 1 GBP = 1.26755 USD and 1.700473 CAD

This is a set you pass down to a family member who cares about chess sets. Like I always said chess sets that are being made today and whose standards are above and beyond will be tomorrow's collectible sets.

azbobcat

Very Nice Looking Set!! Trivia Question: The BLACK pieces are EBONY (I assume) and the the White pieces are BOXWOOD, what are the BROWN pieces made of?

Observation 1: The BROWN piece which is (I assume) a KING, is missing the Cross Finial.

GMM4U
azbobcat wrote:

Very Nice Looking Set!! Trivia Question: The BLACK pieces are EBONY (I assume) and the the White pieces are BOXWOOD, what are the BROWN pieces made of?

Observation 1: The BROWN piece which is (I assume) a KING, is missing the Cross Finial.

The “ brown pieces” are the original 1849/50 jaques set

GMM4U

Just a heads up, if anyone would like to pre order ?

1850 London Boxwood and Ebony 3.5 Inch Replica Chessmen – Official Staunton

peincz

The set looks magnificent, preordered.

Castletohorsey
Amazing copy of the original, the only way to better this set is to keep it for 170 years.
magictwanger

If I were not retired and watching a fixed income, along with the non stop gifts (happily given) for 5 little grandkids, a bathroom to refinish and owning a total of 25 sets incl. 4 boards already, I'd have been first in line.....The wife keeps a running count of how many sets I now own.....Ha!

Impractical

If I were to visit the UK, where might I pick one up (so as to stuff it in my travel bag while heading home)?

GMM4U
Impractical wrote:

If I were to visit the UK, where might I pick one up (so as to stuff it in my travel bag while heading home)? Probably at our associates in London