Forums

Pre-moving 1... d5?

Sort:
jposthuma
Shai_Ziv wrote:

Thanks very much, jposthuma.
Your posts are very helpful and I sure will research all this (and respond) after I get some sleep ;).

About the scandinavian, I would also dislike it if 2... Qxd5 was the move I play, as it's absolutely awful. I use 2... Nf6.
after 3. d4 there's Nxd5 which I am OK with,
and after 3. c4, which I see a lot, there's the icelandic gambit which I absolutely adore. 

Shows how much I know about the skandinavian. Probably why I don't like it...

Anyways, I'm glad I could help. :)

ponz111

If someone does not comprehend an opening such as the Scandinavian then, of course, he will not do well with that opening. 

This does not make it a bad opening.

jim483

do u think if u pre-moved ...1. nf6 white would play e4 or if ...1.nc6 white plays d4 ? try & make white take the dirt road.

ghostofmaroczy

jposthuma, 1 c4 d5 2 cxd5 c6 is the Vector Gambit.  Yes it is the Smith-Morra down a tempo but it is still dangerous for white.  You have found a good system to play.

Fear_ItseIf

In theory you could premove c5, though obviously as others have said its somwhat pointless

Grobzilla

I'll play 1...d6 or b6 or g6 against anything.

Dark_Falcon
[COMMENT DELETED]
Dark_Falcon
AnthonyCG wrote:

I think it's only good if you're willing to take the risk against 1.c4. And it is a big risk.

a big risk? its only a pawn and you get compensation...

ghostofmaroczy

I disagree, Anthony.  After 1 c4 d5 2 cxd5 c6 3 dxc6 Nxc6 4 e3 e5 which again is the Vector Gambit and gives Black dangerous play, 5 Bb5 is not to be recommended.  I would play 5 Nc3 and I wouldn't be so complacent.