Forums

Bulldog Candidate Game (captaintugwash - HorribleTomato)

Sort:
vickalan

null

This is a Bulldog chess with Witch candidate game between @captaintugwash (White) vs. @HorribleTomato (Black). The winner will be eligible to challenge World Champion @Martin0 for the bulldog crown. This is the first candidate game where opponents were selected by the bulldog chess federation. Opponents are selected by a combination of ELO score and history of former opponents.

Game rules:
Board: 10 x 8 (see image below).
The pieces:
Guard (G) - Moves and captures like a king.

null

Witch (W) - The witch is transparent to friendly pieces, and she also makes all adjacent pieces (friend and foe) transparent to friendly pieces (but pieces are not transparent for the witch). The witch does not capture other pieces, but she can be captured. Although pieces are not transparent to the witch, she is very agile; she combines the movement of queen, knight, and can jump orthogonally and diagonally two squares. Transparency of a piece means that other pieces can move, attack, and capture right through the piece.

null

Board Setup:

null

Note the position of Black's king and queen are switched compared to classical chess. This is so the guard and witch are equal distance to each player's king and queen.

Castling:
The rules of castling are similar as in classical chess, however, with the board 10 squares wide, the king travels three squares rather than two. The rook finishes adjacent to the king. All squares between the king and the involved rook must be unoccupied, with the exception of the witch and pieces made transparent by the witch.

Misc: Pawns play the same as in classical chess. Pawns can promote to queen, rook, bishop, knight in addition to guard and witch. Promotions are unlimited (not restricted to pieces that have been captured).

Other rules of this game are identical with rules of classical chess.

captaintugwash plays White. Good luck to both players!happy.png

hitthepin

Good luck guys!

vickalan

Tomato switched back to his mean-face icon. And captaintugwash's was never too friendly-looking to begin with.

null

Fly-Eagles-Fly

Horribletugwash for the win!

Martin0

Good luck to both players!

Waredude
Good luck brotha!

Tug, that pic! I still haven't gotten used to it! I mean it is NASTY! Just, NASTY!
captaintugwash

The squirrel is very friendly, he just has large balls.

gl Tomato

1. e4

hitthepin
There are children watching this Tugwash. 😱
captaintugwash

Yeah, I'm one of them.

HorribleTomato

g5 can kids be Djs?

captaintugwash

Being a "child" isn't about age, it's about identity. Dude this is 2018, get with the times.

2. Wd3

HorribleTomato

Wg7

vickalan
rychessmaster1 wrote:

Ooooh

im next, after I beat waredude, I will go on to beat aiden1 and josephyossi, and then am I in contention for the championship?

You have to be rated at or near the very top by ELO to get into a candidate game. So win some games against good players!happy.png

vickalan

1.e4...g5

null

vickalan

2.Wd3...Wg7

null

captaintugwash

3. Be2

HorribleTomato

Ng6

null

captaintugwash