12150 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Backgammon, Yatzy, and more!
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
I recently played a 5 min game in which I drew even though I had an advantage. Where could I have improved? Thanks to all who help analyze.
16. Nd8 is a mistake. Black can now win your k night with 16. ... Ke7 since all the escape squares are covered. This is true for the next several moves as you both ignore it.
34. Nxc5? It's not necessary to give up your knight. 34. Rc1 would have taken care of the c-pawn without giving up the knight.
35. Kxa2 walks right into the fork 35. ... Rc2+. You need to make sure your pawns are defended.
37. Kc4 walks right into the fork 37. ... Rf4+. After that the game is a drawn position.
You should consider playing longer games (maybe 15 mins). 5 min games run into a lot of time trouble and will hinder your in-game and after-game analysis significantly.
Nine games in a row without a loss?! That is a nice streak, nbafan!
35. Kxa2 was a bad move, you should have played f4
even 37. Kc4
Thanks for the help guys! I learned a ton just from reading your comments. Trysts I am on a tactical awesomeness streak and my rating rose 100+ points from those wins/draws.
by petrikeckman 5 minutes ago
Question on French Defense Advance Variation with 6...Qb6
by X_PLAYER_J_X 15 minutes ago
HOW TO ATTACK THE KINGSIDE WITH PAWN
by CaitanoDemelo 15 minutes ago
Exchange sacrifice in Exchange Gruenfeld
by TheDrevland 17 minutes ago
by HueyWilliams 22 minutes ago
by 0110001101101000 26 minutes ago
lichess.com vs. chess.com pros and cons
by erik42085 31 minutes ago
High school chess
by HueyWilliams 34 minutes ago
Hurt/Heal World Champions
by Mitmir 36 minutes ago
BOYCOTT THE OFFICIAL DAILY PUZZLE
by macer75 42 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2016 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!