Forums

Post your best miniatures here

Sort:
Barefoot_Player

Godlike,

The problem with 15.e4 is that Black still has 15...Qh4! ;)

AyoDub

Unfortunately not, because white has Bxh6. Blocking the bishop and creating the skewer at the same time was completely missed by me in the game. I also thought i could continue with Qh4

wolverine96
NewArdweaden wrote:

That's a very pretty mate, wolverine96!

Thanks!

Ziryab

Bullet game today.

Ben_Dubuque

two from today

Ben_Dubuque

you know had my opponent playd Nxd4 I would have seen that. its weird how my mind works with things like that.

batgirl

An odd little blitz game:

Gil-Gandel

Heh! A three-way family fork and checkmate at the same time - possibly the strongest Knight move ever. Laughing

batgirl

Who doesn't like Knights?

Barefoot_Player

“Who doesn’t like knights?”

1) Dragons

2) Unfair maidens (They have no one to rescue them)

3) Victims of smothered mates

barefoot_player

Ben_Dubuque
Barefoot_Player wrote:

“Who doesn’t like knights?”

1) Dragons

2) Unfair maidens (They have no one to rescue them)

3) Victims of smothered mates

barefoot_player

1. Well when have we ever cared about dragons that aren't Sicilian 

2. unfair Maidens are still maidens...

3. never been smothered mated. but hey i've dealt a few out :)

batgirl

"unfair maidens" = clever

Barefoot_Player

Oren,

Even chess is sexist. Any feminist will eagerly point out that a man is the most important piece.

One can also claim that chess is biased in religion. We have four bishops at the start of the game, but no rabbis at all! =)

And there have been both jokes and serious study of why WHITE moves first, and not Black and whether or not it represents racism. 

And to get even more ridiculous, chess can be thought promoting a 10 based numbering system, rather than binary. OMG –that is basim at its worse!!

But seriously, it’s hard to think of a story, myth, or legend without finding sexism or other stereotypes. Quick now – how many can you think?? ;) I can’t.

So it let be!? ;)

Barefoot_player

Ben_Dubuque

One can also claim that chess is biased in religion. We have four bishops at the start of the game, but no rabbis at all! =)

well we could argue that Rabbi isn't necessarily a religious figure, but merely translate it like it is often done in the Bible to "Teacher"  in which case the the Bishops can also be considered Rabbi's.

batgirl
Oran_perrett wrote:

"unfair maidens" = sexist

That's unfair Oran.

JamieDelarosa

Iron maiden = deadly

LoekBergman

@Barefoot_player: chess has only eight rows and files, hence is supportive of the octal numbering. And to say that the binary system is unbiased?

If that system is unbiased, then please answer the next question for me - which is a question that pops up in my mind when looking at the binary system: how do you get from the two digits 0 and 1 to something bigger than 1? If there is no definition of numbers bigger than 1, how can you add 2 numbers? It always gives me the sound of one clapping hand...

tomy_gun

he was weak in front of you, and winning easy chess dont make you better

chesster3145

Here's mine:

http://www.chess.com/livechess/game?id=1140131827

chesster3145

It looks like had he declined it would have been a rather wild 4-5 moves ending in at least two pieces vs a rook. I think my game is easier from there.