15 year-old Alireza Firouzja defeats Carlsen 24 times in one day!!

JavierGil

Thanks for the link. Very disappointing, cause it's mainly pasta. sad.png 

I'm pretty busy making my next video, which, by the way, I'll be happy to provide you a link to, since you seem so keen on investigating my videos. happy.png

Regarding your other comments, which I'll gladly address in future posts, are we done with your conspiration theory? any additional comments? Would you care to explain your thoughts on it? You still defend it? We should reach a conclusion to each point of our debate. 

david

Enough with the personal attacks, folks. @JavierGil, if you don't like someone's comments on your post, please block them rather than insulting them. @notmtwain is a longstanding member who often answers new people's queries and we value his contribution.

Also please note that @DeirdeSkye is correct in that Chess.com has a policy against advertising for our competitors in our forums; this also applies to any comparisons (positive or negative) with our competitors, although Chess.com always welcomes specific feedback on what we can do better. I have therefore removed the explicit references to our competitors in the various posts in this thread; in the part 1 video it seems more like a casual expression of your own personal opinion, so I believe that post can stay there for now, but if you were to say the same thing repeatedly in all of them, we'd probably deem that to have crossed the line into advertising.

Thanks,

David, moderator

jchess161
david wrote:

Enough with the personal attacks, folks. @JavierGil, if you don't like someone's comments on your post, please block them rather than insulting them. @notmtwain is a longstanding member who often answers new people's queries and we value his contribution.

Also please note that @DeirdeSkye is correct in that Chess.com has a policy against advertising for our competitors in our forums; this also applies to any comparisons (positive or negative) with our competitors, although Chess.com always welcomes specific feedback on what we can do better. I have therefore removed the explicit references to our competitors in the various posts in this thread; in the part 1 video it seems more like a casual expression of your own personal opinion, so I believe that post can stay there for now, but if you were to say the same thing repeatedly in all of them, we'd probably deem that to have crossed the line into advertising.

Thanks,

David, moderator

@david, I reported @DeirdeSkye for using vulgar language on some thread. I can't remember which.

Hermione2008
unusualkid wrote:

My two cents are that the title is clickbaity and provides no information--there is obviously a catch here. No need to get so offended. No need to tell us that all Americans know how to do is bully. 

Why do you think my flag is Vatican City?

GMproposedsolutions

I want to make a few remarks and not be part of this afterward. I object to the misuse of logic.

Let's say a man comments on a girl's appearance, saying her eyes look nice. If she responds "It's ONLY my eyes you like?", what do you think would be running through the mind of the man? Making one comment does not imply in any way at all that there would not be more comments that could be said but are not said, and some may even be positive if the first comment were negative or perceived as negative.

Additonally, and as I put in my book, there are a vast number of degrees one may make a pronouncement. If you want to do name-calling, I suggest modifying it. Example:

1. You are a troll.
2. You act like a troll.
3. You seem to be a troll.
4. I get the feeling you are a troll.
5. Are you a troll?
and more....


" If all you can do after watching a 29 minutes tutorial is put down the video because you can only focus on the talking head and make zero possitive comments, it's quite evident that you too are a troll!"

Let's all be nicer and use words in a less biting fashion, and moreover, strive to be logical.

Have a nice day everyone!

DeirdreSkye
david wrote:

Enough with the personal attacks, folks. @JavierGil, if you don't like someone's comments on your post, please block them rather than insulting them. @notmtwain is a longstanding member who often answers new people's queries and we value his contribution.

Also please note that @DeirdeSkye is correct in that Chess.com has a policy against advertising for our competitors in our forums; this also applies to any comparisons (positive or negative) with our competitors, although Chess.com always welcomes specific feedback on what we can do better. I have therefore removed the explicit references to our competitors in the various posts in this thread; in the part 1 video it seems more like a casual expression of your own personal opinion, so I believe that post can stay there for now, but if you were to say the same thing repeatedly in all of them, we'd probably deem that to have crossed the line into advertising.

Thanks,

David, moderator

     David , why you said nothing about OP's attack on notmwain with words like "hater" and "bully". Do you agree with that? Is his reaction according to the rules of chess.com or when a titled player attacks a member you simply pretend that you didn't see it?

      

DeirdreSkye
GMproposedsolutions wrote:

I want to make one remark and not be part of this afterward. I object to the misuse of logic.

Let's say a man comments on a girl's appearance, saying her eyes look nice. If she responds "It's ONLY my eyes you like?", what do you think would be running through the mind of the man? Making one comment does not imply in any way at all that there would not be more comments that could be said but are not said, and some may even be positive if the first comment were negative or perceived as negative.

Additonally, and as I put in my book, there are a vast number of degrees one may make a pronouncement. If you want to do name-calling, I suggest modifying it. Example:

1. You are a troll.
2. You act like a troll.
3. You seem to be a troll.
4. I get the feeling you are a troll.
5. Are you a troll?
and more....


" If all you can do after watching a 29 minutes tutorial is put down the video because you can only focus on the talking head and make zero possitive comments, it's quite evident that you too are a troll!"

Let's all be nicer and use words in a less biting fashion, and moreover, strive to be logical.

Have a nice day everyone!

     A troll is also the one who ignores everything that has been said and focuses on what is convenient. Next time before you judge others , judge yourself first.Seems to me you are no better for those you try to accuse. 

    Have a nice day too!

DeirdreSkye

Noone says a word about OP's attack on notmwain.

Let me remind you Gil's attack on notmwain(post # 3)

     

 

"Your days of bullying the kids at school are long gone buddy, so try to channel your hate towards something a little more positive than putting down the amazing work of others, who, with all due respect, know far more than you.

Hater, grow up, do something you can be proud of instead of spreading your hate." 

 

     Notmwain said his opinion , as he always does, and because of that he was accused that he was bullying the kids at school(I am not sure if that is sad or funny) and he is a hater!

     Various guys appeared here and commented but very few had the guts to say the obvious: OP's comment was wrong and he was the one reacting like a bully. 

      Doesn't OP owes an apology to notmwain?

LewisTu

Thought this would be helpful:

 

notmtwain

Thank you everyone.  I think we should just let this thread fade away.

notmtwain
RonPaulsSteelBalls wrote:
notmtwain wrote:

Thank you everyone.  I think we should just let this thread fade away.

Are you satisfied with your self now?

Not really but I read David's post and think I look forward more to getting a chance to post on the merits of a future video by Mr. Gil than to the dim prospects of getting an apology. It will be interesting to see if he responds in a positive manner.

/ I know how you block anyone who disagrees with you. Wonder why almost no one responded to all the threads you made last week?

DeirdreSkye
notmtwain wrote:
RonPaulsSteelBalls wrote:
notmtwain wrote:

Thank you everyone.  I think we should just let this thread fade away.

Are you satisfied with your self now?

Not really but I read David's post and think I look forward more to getting a chance to post on the merits of a future video by Mr. Gil than to the dim prospects of getting an apology. It will be interesting to see if he responds in a positive manner.

/ I know how you block anyone who disagrees with you. Wonder why almost no one responded to all the threads you made last week?

     What to respond? He started a thread caliming media trying to cover up that humans are better than chess engines , and when he realised all this was a nonsense, he claimed chess engine's AI is a threat to humanity.And those who disagreed were called haters,  losers and idiots.

      For the real bullies that can't tolerate disagreement , the method is easy: Call the guy who disagrees hater , loser, troll or bully and it's more than certain you will find people that agree with you. Either pseudo-polite or pseudo-objective. 

 

      

JavierGil
GMproposedsolutions wrote:

I want to make a few remarks and not be part of this afterward. I object to the misuse of logic.

Let's say a man comments on a girl's appearance, saying her eyes look nice. If she responds "It's ONLY my eyes you like?", what do you think would be running through the mind of the man? Making one comment does not imply in any way at all that there would not be more comments that could be said but are not said, and some may even be positive if the first comment were negative or perceived as negative.

Additonally, and as I put in my book, there are a vast number of degrees one may make a pronouncement. If you want to do name-calling, I suggest modifying it. Example:

1. You are a troll.
2. You act like a troll.
3. You seem to be a troll.
4. I get the feeling you are a troll.
5. Are you a troll?
and more....


" If all you can do after watching a 29 minutes tutorial is put down the video because you can only focus on the talking head and make zero possitive comments, it's quite evident that you too are a troll!"

Let's all be nicer and use words in a less biting fashion, and moreover, strive to be logical.

Have a nice day everyone!

 

Unfortunately, if you had started that sentence with "Let's say a man comments on a girl's appearance, saying her eyes look ugly...", your whole argument would not sound like a complete misrepresentation of the events. But I agree with you 100% on your point about  "vast number of degrees one may make a pronouncement". 

JavierGil
notmtwain wrote:

I am sorry I said I didn't like the graphics. It was just my reaction. It seemed unnatural. The lecture was fine. I just didn't like the animation.

 

Apologies accepted. It takes a man to apologise. 

My reaction was over the top, and for this I too apologise. I guess we should all learn to be more sensitive towards the work and feelings of the people we´re trying to have a conversation with.

JavierGil
RonPaulsSteelBalls wrote:

his was a great video. Thanks Javier

 

Thanks mate, much appreciated!

JavierGil

DeirdreSkye: 

I'm not saying you are, but you behave like a trouble seeker (Thanks GMproposedsolutions, I'm learning!) and I'll add you to my ban list tomorrow. 

Other people have made similar comments here at chess.com. I'm mainly writing this so that others can review your history and decide for themselves. 

JavierGil
jchess161 wrote:
david wrote:

Also please note that @DeirdeSkye is correct in that Chess.com has a policy against advertising for our competitors in our forums; this also applies to any comparisons (positive or negative) with our competitors, although Chess.com always welcomes specific feedback on what we can do better. I have therefore removed the explicit references to our competitors in the various posts in this thread; in the part 1 video it seems more like a casual expression of your own personal opinion, so I believe that post can stay there for now, but if you were to say the same thing repeatedly in all of them, we'd probably deem that to have crossed the line into advertising.

Thanks,

David, moderator

@david, I reported @DeirdeSkye for using vulgar language on some thread. I can't remember which.

 

David, chess.com is not exactly a chess server, but rather a chess portal, and they're 2 different things. I would never call a place such as FICS a chess portal. 

Rodog

Yeah, chess.com should state which other sites are competitors.For example ICCF is recognised chess federation(like FIDE and USCF), so their site( https://www.iccf.com/) cannot be called competitor.

ChrisWainscott
Future reference, when making a multiple part video series it’s often helpful to recap a few things at the beginning of the successive videos.

Seems like that might have prevented some mud slinging.
wollyhood
Rodog wrote:

Yeah, chess.com should state which other sites are competitors.For example ICCF is recognised chess federation(like FIDE and USCF), so their site( https://www.iccf.com/) cannot be called competitor.

How many chess federations are there in the world?