Forums

Finally reached 2000 bullet!

Sort:
tooWEAKtooSL0W

Just hit 2k bullet for the first time =D

Started playing almost 3 years ago (Oct 1 2013), and have improved from ~1200 bullet to 2000 with surprisingly little actual studying (and very few standard games haha)... just occasional tactics training really. Honestly, I'm still frequently blundering pieces, just like I did as a 1200. I'd say the main thing that has allowed me to get this far is just being better at predicting my opponents move - this has allowed me to maintain a time advantage in practically every game, even when I'm totally lost.

Those of you at around 2200+... what do you think is the most important thing for me to focus on to improve more? The last hundred points from 1900-2000 took awhile, so I think I'm beginning to plateau. Any tips would be very appreciated.

Anyway... on to 3000 now! Should only take another 3 years, right?cry.png

Focused on speed of moves and not strength of moves is fine, but obviously using the same methods will make improvement increasingly more difficult. What should you do to improve? Obviously learn more about chess tongue.png

misterbasic
Congrats that's impressive
ChePlaSsYer

Sad

IcyAvaleigh

I think if you want to beat most 2000 till 2200 rated bullet players, you need to be fast, activate pieces and stop hanging them

Cherub_Enjel

This confirms my suspicions of individual bullet "pools" having their own rating systems. 

The OP would not be rated 1600 bullet if he played 2+1 games, but he can win a lot of 10 second bullet games because of a fast mouse. If there was a difference between 1+0 and 2+1, there's even a bigger difference between 1+0 and 10 seconds.

Cherub_Enjel

Still, having fun is the most important thing, and if you're having fun playing 10 seconds, then by all means do so. 

AllviewP9Lite

How come 2+1 is considered bullet when 3+0 is considered blitz... its just wrong. If 3+0 is blitz.. then 10+5 can't be call blitz too.

Pashak1989

I didn't know you can play 10 seconds game. I thought the shortest you can play is 1 minute games. 

Congrats on your 2000 rating. If one day I achieve that rating I think I will stop playing bullet LOL 

Bullet is about playing safe moves as fast as you can, I don't think you need to study a lot to achieve a good rating. Few weeks ago I was playing only 1000s and 1100s, now I play only 1400s and 1500s. And to be honest I do not notice much difference. 

tooWEAKtooSL0W
Cherub_Enjel wrote:

This confirms my suspicions of individual bullet "pools" having their own rating systems. 

The OP would not be rated 1600 bullet if he played 2+1 games, but he can win a lot of 10 second bullet games because of a fast mouse. If there was a difference between 1+0 and 2+1, there's even a bigger difference between 1+0 and 10 seconds.

I'll admit that my rating right now isn't very accurate - I've jumped from 1900s to almost 2300 in just a couple days due to playing 10 second bullet, since with a touchscreen I can play pretty fast.

I would definitely be above 1600 in 2+1 though. My blitz and rapid ratings on this site aren't accurate, since I almost never play those time controls here, hence the discrepancy betweeen ratings.

Cherub_Enjel

The reason I say 2+1 you'd be no more than 1600 is because the 2+1 bullet pool, for whatever reason, has extremely strong players playing. I have no idea why, but plenty of 1800+ blitz players can't break 1600-1700 in the 2+1 pool. It's a huge difference between 2+1 and 1+0.

tooWEAKtooSL0W

I've honestly never tried 2 1, since I hate increment. I'm only on this site for the 10 second bullet, for everything else I use lichess.

MickinMD

Congratulations!

Obviously, you can think fast.

The only 2000 rating I broke is USCF Correspondence chess, 3 days/move!

Jenium

How to play 10s bullet? Is this a premium member gimmick?

tooWEAKtooSL0W
Jenium wrote:

How to play 10s bullet? Is this a premium member gimmick?

no anyone can play it in live chess

Jenium

ah thanks, I guess it has to do with the new version. didn't work with the old interface.

daxypoo
lol 10s? really? how far into the game do players get?

i might have to try it just for kicks
ufmgambit06

dang, 2500 bullet? must be nice to be gifted lol

tooWEAKtooSL0W
ufmgambit06 wrote:

lol

Cherub_Enjel
tooWEAKtooSL0W wrote:
ufmgambit06 wrote:

lol

He just gave you a real compliment. I would respect it with more than a "lol" if I were you. 

Perhaps a "thank you" would have been more appropriate.