Member Points?!? This is Important!

  • #1

    OK, look I'm starting to get mad because people are just rackin' up member points by posting "?" or "Hun? Idk" on forums. They annoy me because all I get on my forum now is "ok" or "IDK". Chess.com really should make a rule saying if your answer is just to get member points/ to annoy the person you will lose a specific amount of points. Ok, I had another idea: Here it is:

     


    What is the point of member points. There is no point of getting them. So, we should have a rewards system something like this:

    1000 Member Points       1 day of free Gold Membership

    2000 Member Points       1 day of free Platinum Membership

    3000 Member Points       1 day of free Diamond Membership

    4000 Member Points       1 week of free Gold Membership

    5000 Member Points       1 week of free Platinum Membership

    6000 Member Points       1 week of free Diamond Membership

    And So on...

    Ok, I also had another idea: Here it is:


    We should have levels from member points, right?

    1000 Member Points   Level 1

    2000 Member Points   Level 2

    3000 Member Points   Level 3

    4000 Member Points   Level 4

    5000 Member Points   Level 5

    6000 Member Points   Level 6


    So those are my ideas.

  • #2

    I can give you something more informative than "idk" or "ok", but you aren't going to like it.

  • #3

    Member points are meaningless, and rightly so.

  • #4

    is that all you had to say rooperi ?

  • #5
    rooperi wrote:

    Member points are meaningless, and rightly so.


    So says the sub-10,000.

  • #6
    TheGrobe wrote:
    rooperi wrote:

    Member points are meaningless, and rightly so.


    So says the sub-10,000.


    Laughing

    Well, people complain about all sorts of things on this site, but I've never seen anyone post and say: Hey, I made a post but I didn't get any points. Even the trolls don't care....

  • #7
    rooperi wrote:
    TheGrobe wrote:
    rooperi wrote:

    Member points are meaningless, and rightly so.


    So says the sub-10,000.


     

    Well, people complain about all sorts of things on this site, but I've never seen anyone post and say: Hey, I made a post but I didn't get any points. Even the trolls don't care....


    Brilliant; You've just discovered a new and relatively creative trolling angle.

  • #8
    TheGrobe wrote:
    rooperi wrote:

    Member points are meaningless, and rightly so.


    So says the sub-10,000.


    Yeah! You tell 'em Spike! (buddy ole pal)

  • #9

    Huh?

  • #10
    oinquarki wrote:

    I can give you something more informative than "idk" or "ok", but you aren't going to like it.


    awesome

  • #11

    wait, would that post have been considered cheating to get member points?

  • #12

    Or if the Alzheimer's site has REmember points.

  • #13

    So, in summary, the answer to your post title is "no they are not."

  • #14

    Well, member points aren't very important or anything, and it would be tedious to track things like that, so I don't like the idea (even if they did matter, 100 point intervals are far too small). It'd probably incite more trolling.

  • #15

    I think it's a great idea!

  • #16

    I think saying people abuse the points to obtain more AND offer reward for having points in the same forum is interesting =).

    I don't think moderating the forums to that extent would be economically possible for chess.com which is why they should remain really just for bragging rights. IMO 

  • #17
    planeden wrote:

    wait, would that post have been considered cheating to get member points?


    no im makin a point

  • #18
    happyface456 wrote:
    planeden wrote:

    wait, would that post have been considered cheating to get member points?


    no im makin a point


    Exactly, and that's all you're doing!

  • #19

    I think we should be able to spend points to unblock ourselves from a member. That way I could tell rich in his notes to cut his damn hippie hair. What are ya? A girl?

  • #20
    oinquarki wrote:
    happyface456 wrote:
    planeden wrote:

    wait, would that post have been considered cheating to get member points?


    no im makin a point


    Exactly, and that's all you're doing!


    ?

Top
or Join

Online Now