Forums

How to remove an Account Ban

Sort:
David

Help -> Ask a Question

Martin_Stahl
Arypho wrote:

My classmate's account was closed due to fair play but she doesn't cheat, she wants to appeal her account ban but she doesn't know how

Your friend should have received an email about the closure on the address associated with the account with information on options.

Arypho
Arypho wrote:

My classmate's account was closed due to fair play but she doesn't cheat, she wants to appeal her account ban but she doesn't know how

So chess.com reopened her account but it was only open for 7 hours before they closed it again. She only aborted one game and played 2 games. It got closed a few minutes later for sandbagging.

Gedia

Hi. I can't play rated Players(( only underrated.. I couldn't red why I got such a Penalty and for how long? I can only play Friends and get low rated players only(( plz help If know how to fix it.

I also would like to know if possible, where can I read the Information about my Penalty.

plz help)

Martin_Stahl
Gedia wrote:

Hi. I can't play rated Players(( only underrated.. I couldn't red why I got such a Penalty and for how long? I can only play Friends and get low rated players only(( plz help If know how to fix it.

I also would like to know if possible, where can I read the Information about my Penalty.

plz help)

You're likely impacted by the sportsmanship policy.

https://support.chess.com/article/627-sportsmanship-policy

You'll have to complete more games without aborts, disconnects, or letting time run out. You can set your rating ranges though as explained in that article and here: https://support.chess.com/article/1962-how-do-i-choose-what-rating-my-opponents-are

Martin_Stahl
RajyaAbhisehk wrote:

Whenever I try to login. It says account closed. Why is my account banned?

If you look at the profile it will give you the general closure reason along with a link to the article with an explanation.

You should have also received an email on the address associated with the closed account about your options.

Arpitrubixcube

I got banned for showing my friend some tricks during a game with him. He has no idea to play chess so i was showing him some traps. Then we played few games and I gave him my other account. I won almost all and now I am banned. What should I do. It is my 1 year old account. sad.png

Martin_Stahl
Arpitrubixcube wrote:

I got banned for showing my friend some tricks during a game with him. He has no idea to play chess so i was showing him some traps. Then we played few games and I gave him my other account. I won almost all and now I am banned. What should I do. It is my 1 year old account.

You can contact support.

https://support.chess.com/collection/343-contact-us

That said, sharing accounts is not allowed and your friend should have opened their own account.

Also, the account you're using is a year old and the site only allows one account per member unless approved by staff for an additional alternate.

https://support.chess.com/article/596-can-i-have-multiple-accounts

Arpitrubixcube

So can I get my account or just have to use this one?

Stockfishdot1

I wouldn't be surprised if this account has the same thing happen. Maybe if you entirely stop trying to game the system (sandbagging).

Arpitrubixcube

What's sandbagging

Springtrap_Girl

HELPPPPPP, MY ACCOUNT WAS BANNED... I PROMISE TOBSHUT THIS ACCOUNT AS SOON AS I GET MINEE BACK, @Springtrap_Gone

Martin_Stahl
Springtraps_Demise wrote:

HELPPPPPP, MY ACCOUNT WAS BANNED... I PROMISE TOBSHUT THIS ACCOUNT AS SOON AS I GET MINEE BACK, @Springtrap_Gone

You need to contact support directly using the Help option in the menu

Springtrap_Girl

I have but I get no response

Martin_Stahl
Springtraps_Demise wrote:

I have but I get no response

It can take a few days to get a response.

Springtrap_Girl

Ok

chicken_nuggies28

Hi, I got banned from three check and it just says that I dropped rating too fast. Can anyone help?

chicken_nuggies28

I can still play other game modes though.

CCHeess_com

Как разблокировать акаунт

CCHeess_com

подскажите