Forums

I'm going to need some help and support, please?

Sort:
johnyoudell

But I refuse to call her "trysts". Please help me, and support me. Thank you...Cry

Cystem_Phailure
trysts wrote:

I don't think changing my username would be a good idea. I've been visiting this website for long enough to give the community a sense of trust about who I am, and I don't want to confuse that trust:) 

Not to mention this is your second name on chess.com (albeit quite similar to the previous).  Cool

TheGrobe
Cystem_Phailure wrote:
trysts wrote:

I don't think changing my username would be a good idea. I've been visiting this website for long enough to give the community a sense of trust about who I am, and I don't want to confuse that trust:) 

Not to mention this is your second name on chess.com (albeit quite similar to the previous). 

The trust was confused as soon as the implication of monogamy was dropped.

trysts
johnyoudell wrote:

But I refuse to call her "trysts". Please help me, and support me. Thank you...

At least I didn't change my name to conflagrationplanetWink

trysts
Cystem_Phailure wrote:
trysts wrote:

Not to mention this is your second name on chess.com (albeit quite similar to the previous). 

I added an "s". I don't think that's really a name change.

trysts
TheGrobe wrote:
Cystem_Phailure wrote:
trysts wrote:

This went over my head. What do you mean?

johnyoudell

Ah, we must be thankful for small mercies.

I am amazed to find that my enormous influence with the powers that be in the world, the web and chess.cm are inadequate to achieve my very reasonable wishes in this very simple matter but what can you do? I suppose I will have to continue occasionally trysting with "trysts", despite the trying absense of a vowel, and give up the hope of trusting in "trusts".

trysts

Laughing

TheGrobe
trysts wrote:
TheGrobe wrote:
Cystem_Phailure wrote:
trysts wrote:

This went over my head. What do you mean?

Singular vs plural.

trysts

Oh. But a tryst doesn't imply monogamy;)

TheGrobe

I suppose not, nor do multiple trysts necessarily imply polyamory.  It was a poorly constructed joke.

trysts

It's my fault. I should have just laughedLaughing

TheGrobe

Awkwardly, of course.

TheGrobe

I need some help and support making better jokes.  Or maybe refraining from attempting to make them at all.  Either way, I think it's clear I need some help and support.

trysts

Laughing 

It's best to offer drinks when an awkward moment happens. How's this?

TheGrobe

I'd prefer beer.

Cystem_Phailure
TheGrobe wrote:

I suppose not, nor do multiple trysts necessarily imply polyamory.  It was a poorly construted joke.

"construted" sounds like a Sarah Palin word where her brain couldn't decide whether she meant construed or constructed.

Or Kelly Bundy could come up with construted.

Hey, Kelly Bundy and Sarah Palin are quite similar in a lot of ways when it comes to their prowess with brain power . . . has anyone ever seen both of them at the same time?

Cystem_Phailure

Too slow!  He corrected his post while I was typing.

TheGrobe

I think you mean correted.

trysts
TheGrobe wrote:

I'd prefer beer.

You don't like Canadian beer, TheGrobe?