300 checkmate puzzles!! (puzzles 20 - 38)

TripleXDooM

hey, this is the second part to my 300 checkmate puzzles! hope you enjoy and i will post the link to the 3rd part tommorow or later today if i have time to make them Laughing

zrylam

This is way more fun than the Daily Puzzle, although I did stare at the second last one in disbelief for about a minute before I realised it was Black to move...

link to first page provided for newcomers:

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/more-puzzles/300-checkmate-puzzles-puzzles-1---50

kco

these are from the tactics trainer here

TripleXDooM

i dont think so?

kco

I've just done those the first three puzzle from the tactics trainer yesterday.

TripleXDooM

all credit goes to this book actually :

im just going through each puzzle and putting them up so people can do them Laughing
kco

so chess.com is copy them and putting them into the tactics trainer ?! btw I got that book too. lol

TripleXDooM

lol. Surprised

kemburu

do you think people will sit and make puzzle for you in chess.com

zrylam

Hey that book is rectangular Tongue out

Coincidentally I just finished watching Searching for Bobby Fischer a few minutes ago, apparently this Pandolfini guy's pretty good yeah?

Mr_ha

I did the first few and you seem to like the queen sac's, but who doesn't :P

Applesauce3000

An alternative solution to puzzel 3 is 1. Bxe7+ Kg8 2. Qd8#

TripleXDooM
Applesauce3000 wrote:

yeah, thats the alternate, check the move lists to see if there is the alternate there :)

TripleXDooM

sorry, but part three will be shortened (maybe, but most likely) to puzzles 39 - 50

just a fun puzzle:

bugoobiga

I love these puzzles. thanks for giving us these.

one suggestion, por favor: if it's 'black to move', then put black at the bottom. why would I try to move towards myself?...that's what therapy is for.

:D

TripleXDooM

haha, sorry i will try to start doing that in the fourth part as i just finished making the third Wink

(part 4) 300 checkmate puzzles!! (puzzles 39 - 50) link:

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/more-puzzles/300-checkmate-puzzles-puzzles-39---50

razorblade12
TripleXDooM wrote:
Applesauce3000 wrote:

yeah, thats the alternate, check the move lists to see if there is the alternate there :)

Another alternative to puzzle 3 is 1. Qd8+! Bxd8 2. Re8#

TripleXDooM

i think that was what you were meant to do in puzzle 3 anyway Wink

psy88

Just want to say THANK YOU!! I am really enjoying these. Please keep doing them.

razorblade12
TripleXDooM wrote:

i think that was what you were meant to do in puzzle 3 anyway

oh yeah woops :S XD