Forums

Chess Player of the Month June 2012

Sort:
zborg
Ruby-Fischer wrote:
wilford-n wrote:

I nominate no one for this purposeless and unsanctioned "award." What is the point? It seems like a giant circle-jerk to me, and I have no qualms saying so.

I'm pretty sure my blunt honesty puts me out of the running. I am OK with this.

Fair point

"Purity" is good for nomination.  Not sure this fits the bill though.

He might be part of the "other half" of the distribution mentioned above by @DrSpudnik. 

RCA_U

joeydvivre he has been helpful

netzach

DrSpudnik will be exemplary example of HON at it's finest & purest.

or if not that the chaos should be interesting...

Eris_Discordia

joeydvivre

Charlotte

DrSpudnik

heinzie

DrSpudnik

ozzie_c_cobblepot

AnnaZC

proKnight98

List:

AnnaZC     3

DrSpudnik     7

HessianWarrior     1

joeydvivre     6

pfren     1

theoreticalboy     1

Now we will vote for a Head of Nominees. The HON has the power to select two members from the list above for elimination. This is currently following step two in the voting rules stated in the first post.

You have one vote to vote for a Head of Nominees, and voting ends June 14 11:59 PM Pacific.

**Note: If there is a tie for HON, the most recent vote for HON will not be counted, thus breaking the tie. 

ozzie_c_cobblepot

A good omen? My boarding pass to the National Open in Las Vegas is group C, position 6. The Caro-Kann!

HessianWarrior
ozzie_c_cobblepot wrote:

A good omen? My boarding pass to the National Open in Las Vegas is group C, position 6. The Caro-Kann!

Right in my backyard.

corrijean

I wish we were going this year. I could use some time lounging by the pool in the sun.

mapearson1990

joeydvivre 

ratatouie

good job corrijeAN, well done.

can u teach me in ur spare time?

DrSpudnik

Teach what? punctuation & spelling?

kco
DrSpudnik wrote:

or how to stay off in the Help and Support section.

goldendog
kco wrote:
DrSpudnik wrote:

I'd hope for Think twice, post once.

proKnight98

List:

AnnaZC     3

DrSpudnik     7

HessianWarrior     1

joeydvivre     7

pfren     1

theoreticalboy     1

Now we will vote for a Head of Nominees. The HON has the power to select two members from the list above for elimination. This is currently following step two in the voting rules stated in the first post.

You have one vote to vote for a Head of Nominees, and voting ends June 14 11:59 PM Pacific.

**Note: If there is a tie for HON, the most recent vote for HON will not be counted, thus breaking the tie. 

kco

I vote for drspudnik

proKnight98

List:

AnnaZC     3

DrSpudnik     8

HessianWarrior     1

joeydvivre     7

pfren     1

theoreticalboy     1

AlCzervik
goldendog wrote:
kco wrote:
DrSpudnik wrote:

I'd hope for Think twice, post once.

Good advice not taken anytime soon-maybe ever.