Forums

ZeroSymbolic7188 (1154) vs spartyfan20 (1068)

Sort:
ZeroSymbolic7188

ZeroSymbolic7188

OK so, it saved absolutely none of my annotation notes.  Awesome. 

So in general:

I know my opponent made a bad move on the second move of the game, and I want to know how I should make the most of it.

I am not sure if playing my own bishop out to square b5 was a good idea. I'd like to know what my options were at that stage. (Move 4)

I would like to know how to capitalize on my opponents poor pawn structure at move 6.

The game from that point on is very ugly and consists of me playing badly while my opponent managed to play even worse. I really feel that I should have either lost or won much quicker, but I didn't know how to take advantage of the weaknesses that I noticed. That's where you guys come it. 

ripachu
 You missed some basic tactics, and a mate in one. You should definetely practise those. Also, as you can realize from my analysis, you need to work on spotting weaknesses and attacking them, especially if they are positional. But first things first, and the tactics are the ones coming first. So, remember to practise them!
ZeroSymbolic7188

Wow, I look back at this and I'm like, what the hell was I thinking.. SMH Jesus.

ripachu
It's ok, we make mistakes so that we can learn from them :) and I think you played well for your level.