Forums

Qe2+ or Qe7+

Sort:
TonyH

your questions are good ones. White was probably hoping for a nice easy game with few challenges and a quick exchange of queens.

Ne5 is based on ideas to block the e-file and try to post a piece actively. It also allows the diagonal to be blocked with Nd3. 

the player was FIDE 2100 so not an idiot tactically. if he doesnt take something like a hanging piece examine the capture and ask,"What is black's response?" Ill give you a hint, the queen is captured. Qh5 is the only safe square.

from your questions it seems you are looking at the game superficially.  i really liked ...b6 because it instantly creates some strategical and tactical problems for white to solve. Compare the moves in the game of a strong master to yours. If you see a game between strong players assume that the moves are correct  tactically. if you disagree after a serious attempt then ask a stronger player or computer. 

ClavierCavalier
TonyH wrote:

if you disagree after a serious attempt then ask a stronger player or computer. 

I thought I did.  I also put it in Fritz, and Qxc6 is the move Fritz made, but black still trashes white.  The queen gets captured 9 moves later.  Any ways, Qh5 obviously wasn't a safe square.

TonyH

Dont ask fritz though,.. do it yourself :) 

right so why Qh5? because it Looks safe and i am pretty sure at that point white was just hoping for a luck mate.  he might have thought g6 Qh6 was gonna be a trap.. .hard to say.

AndyClifton
ClavierCavalier wrote:
9... Qxg5 is better than Rxe2 because it gains a knight and gives check

10 Qd2

TonyH

I guess in summary Black is doing just fine in these early Qe2+ lines

ClavierCavalier
TonyH wrote:

I guess in summary Black is doing just fine in these early Qe2+ lines

That's what I've been trying to find out.  I see it a lot and think it seems to be a waste for white when there are more pieces to develop.

ClavierCavalier
AndyClifton wrote:
ClavierCavalier wrote:
9... Qxg5 is better than Rxe2 because it gains a knight and gives check

10 Qd2

Absolutely right.