Forums

Let's invent some very weird pieces

Sort:
Waredude
That would be cool! It could be called the negotiator!
HorribleTomato

The Hypnotist: Moves like a guard but doesn't have to move to the square it captures. If it does this, the enemy piece is now friendly. 

Waredude
That's cool too!
hitthepin
I actually think there might already be a piece that can do this, called the monk, but I have no idea how it moves or anything.
Martin0

There is always crazyhouse where you gain pieces with captured. Although, I know that is different.

HorusTheThird

Maybe a piece that permanently freezes a piece. So it moves slow, but it "takes" without moving - maybe the piece turns grey. So nobody controls this piece- it just sits there. It's possible it can't be taken, too, so this just makes a "hole" in the board- a place where nothing can go or go through.

Waredude
I can see that creating lots of new strategical and tactical possibilities! What should it be called? The trebuchet?
HorribleTomato

Isn't that a tactic name?

Waredude
I actually do not know
gathersnomas

Ummmm let's don't and say we did. how 'bout dat!! 

Derrickzhou
Water wizard. Moves like a jumping queen. Cannot capture but can be captured. When the water wizard moves from a square, it turns into a water square. No piece except the king and another piece I'm inventing is affected by the water squares. The king can't move for two moves when he steps onto a water square.
Derrickzhou
Flying fish. The square it starts on is a water square, like the one in post #334. The flying fish moves like a knight as many times as it wants but only in one direction. The piece can also move like a jumping rook up to five squares. The flying fish stays on water squares. That means the flying fish can't capture or give check unless the piece is on a water square.
thegreatauk

Bear. The bear is slow and steady moves like a king, when the bear see a threat though (in this case an enemy piece) it can move like a queen to capture it (Note you can use this "power" to capture you can NOT stop halfway in)  this makes the bear a strong and versatile piece especially on an open board. I also think this piece could actually be used in a game. 

Waredude
Cool idea! What do you think of mine?
Luis_Fonsi

depression 

thegreatauk

Thank's I like your idea for the queens daughter but maybe call it a princess instead as an idea.

HorribleTomato
thegreatauk wrote:

Thank's I like your idea for the queens daughter but maybe call it a princess instead as an idea.

That's what me said.

Waredude
Yah but he has a title, so he got our attention!
HorribleTomato

WELL I HAVE A HUGE FONT!!!

Waredude
Thegreatauk, thanks!