1000 Bright Minds
I am International Chess Master Attila Turzo. Thank you for reading this blog post. I started to play at age 7 and I always liked to play with strong players. I was happy when I played chess against a Master in a simultaneous exhibition. I became International Master at age 18 and then I started to play in simultaneous exhibitions about children and amateur players and I enjoyed a lot and I still enjoy it.
Then the age of the internet arrived and it opened new possibilities in chess. You can play with a Master from your room. There are million chess players on the planet who lives in cities where Chess Masters do not live. I got the idea to give them a chance to play with an International Chess Master. I wanted to create an event which is special and can be remembered later. Then I decided to play chess with 1000 players simultaneously in the same time.
They are the 1000 Bright Minds I hope you are one of them and we will play a game full of wonders and beauties.
Some miles stones of my chess career:
- started at age 7
- more then 20 gold medals in scholastic tournaments.
- International Master at age 18
- Hungarian Junior Champion at age 19
- represented Hungary in 2 Junior World Championships and a European Junior Championship
- Winning the Unna open 2003 tournament in Germany with a perfect 7/7 score and a 2700+ rating performance
- 1st place in more then 10 international tournaments
- I was the first commentator on chess.fm first internet chess radio.
- I started to coach players when I was 16 years old
- one of the first chess coaches who started to teach online in 2001.
1000 Bright Minds
Would you like to join to the Challenge of the New Year?
Be one of the 1000 Bright Minds!
I am International Master Attila Turzo and I will play a simultaneous exhibition with 1000 players.
The speed of the games will be 3 days/move.
All players will play with the white pieces and I will play with the black pieces.
If you want to be one of the Bright Minds, please send me a challenge with 3 days/move speed, unrated and please select the white pieces.
I wish you the best luck for your game! :)
You can follow me on twitter at http://twitter.com/AttilaTurzo